Nashville Amp Show - August 2009

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by CreationAudioLa, May 13, 2009.

1. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Thanks Brian, that was the first Model A we ever built from 3 years ago, it is broken in now and sitting in a studio in Music Circle with a producer who says he will take it to other studios he works at as well!!!

Last weekend is one to remember for us, so many good things happened for us I can hardly process it all!!!

Great to see you again, still diggin' on that Abaddon!!!

Bill

2. Brian Wallace

Brian Wallace Member

Bill,

I would gladly trade an Abaddon for the Model A but I'm sure it would not be an even trade. ;)

3. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Tempting....

4. Quidley Amps

Quidley Amps Member

Just want to add our thanks to Sarge and his crew for an incredible show!! We had a productive and very fun time, particularly for our first amp show ever.

To our great neighbors, Bob Reinhardt of Reinhardt Amps and Michael Koski of xits...thanks for being such great neighbors. We enjoyed listening since we were too busy to get around much.

To the many others who stopped by such as Paul of Nolatone, Chris of Budda, Ed of Jensen, Wayne of Warehouse Guitar Speakers, CJ of Boss and many others...it was great meeting you all.

To Scott of Sidestep Studios, Blake of What's That Dude Play and our Twitter buddy Aljon...thanks for taking the pix and videos. We really appreciate your time and interest.

To all the incredible musicians who stopped by to test the amps and provided such positive feedback...we thank you the most. We are always blown away by watching talented musicians play and Nashville certainly has one of the most concentrated populations of great players anywhere! To the incredible musicians who are also TGPer's...special thanks for always taking the time to provide your insights to others. It is a great forum for sharing information and providing advice on the all important 'quest for tone'!!

It was an overall great show. We got the chance to visit with our friend and incredible musician Audley Freed both days and bring his Quidley amp up to current spex with the latest mod. We have already been contacted by several of the players that came through for potential sales. Thanks again to Sarge and everyone who helped make this first show such a great success. We're certainly looking forward to the next one!!!

5. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Still reeling from that show a whole week later!!!!!!

6. CreationAudioLa

CreationAudioLa Member

Sarge here….

A tremendous WELL DONE to the Expo Staff and all of the Exhibitors!

The First Nashville Amp Expo was awesome! Great weather, great turn-out, great exhibitors, great seminars, and the best of the best amplifiers on the planet! It was a whirlwind weekend and it was difficult to get to see it all. I am constantly amazed at how the amps just keep getting better and better….and that bodes very badly for me, as my amp collection will have to keep growing!

Many thanks to all those who sent along the good reports and encouragements about the show. We appreciate it! I must say, however, that the thanks go to all of you exhibitors. The good will you all extended to one another was most excellent. Very cool vibe on the whole show. Things just go better when we all make it a point to have FUN and not eat each other’s lunch. We only had a few snags along the way, and we quickly got those taken care of. The Hyatt staff had a blast and was very happy with the event….they want us back! And we shall oblige.

We had 72 companies represented at the Expo. It is our expectation that next time we shall do better…and I can hardly wait to get going on that process. Over the next few weeks I will be talking to each of the companies that exhibited at the first Expo, and thereafter will be chatting with other companies about the next show. I would appreciate any and all input from all of you. One thing of most importance would be the dates for the Expo. It is for and about you, so it just makes sense to get the most appropriate dates that work for the majority of the exhibitors. When we set the original dates, we were very careful to stay clear of other show dates to not cause any conflicts….and we shall be mindful of that as well for shows in the future. Please think about this and any thing else you may wish to say about the Expo….good or bad. We’ll keep the good and fire the bad as best we can!

Special thanks to Tommy Hatcher, Barry Weber, Anthony Stauffer, Blake and Holly Wright, David Piechura, and Gabe Hernandez who went the extra 10 miles with us.

I’ll be in touch shortly……

Sarge

7. CreationAudioLa

CreationAudioLa Member

Nashville Amp Expo 23 Aug 09
    Loudest Amp Contest Rundown

200-220w
    3rd Power HD100 128.2 dB
    Titan 200w 127.8

50-120w

Industrial Amps Rock 120 127.6 dB
    Metropoulos 100w M/V 126.4
    Sommatone Outlaw 126.3
    Wizard Modern Classic 126.3
    Landry LS100 126.1
    Marshall Randy Rhodes 126.1
    Diamond Nitrox 125.8
    VVT Earthquake 125.3
    Wharfedale TCT 100 125.2
    Ugly 50 125.2
    Reason SM50 125.1
    Wallace 1966/45 122.9

20-50w
    Bluetron Blue Drive 124.6 dB
    Budda v40 124.3
    Talos Panhead 123.7
    Mahalo AEM 50 123.4
    Dynamic Dyna Lead 123.2
    Goodsell Black Dog 40 122.1
    Tungsten Bluepoint 121.9
    Quidley 22w 121.9
    Daab Tupelo Honey 121.4
    Nolatone 22 Tango 120.4
    XITS X50 119.8
    Kingdom Neuma Standard 118.9

1-20w
    Trillium Empyrean 121.1 dB
    Samamp VAC23 120.8
    Ark Proto Model T 120.5
    Reason Bambino 120.2
    Boobtone Tit 116.1

Congratulations to the winners!

Danny

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  8. tubeinmyhead

tubeinmyhead Member

Sarge, as the show grows I hope you will still have room for a couple of us "outsiders" to stay at the hotel. I understand if it won't workout but being there all weekend just made it an absolute blast for me!

Thanks again for a great weekend!!

Roger Hollard

9. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

Well, I wouldn't be the 'Golden Windbag' if I didn't have a lot to say about the show- all of it good!
    For those of you that might not hang out on the other areas of TGP, I picked this out from my initial review of the show:
    The Management-
    I can’t say enough about how well this show was run. Obviously great thought and planning went into this event, and it showed. If there were any minor glitches in set up or move out, they weren’t evident and I never heard about it. There was a great staff to make sure everything ran smoothly. The devil is in the details, and almost none were overlooked. There were full color show programs with a detailed list of events.......
    From the get-go this was a show that was well planned, extremely organized, user-friendly, accessible, and well-publicized.
    Props to Creation Audio for staging the best event of its type I have ever had the pleasure of attending. ....
    Each and every exhibitor I visited with seemed really pleased with the show, the traffic, the venue, and the management. Even in a tough economy I know sales were made, and more will have follow up. .... Word of mouth among the exhibitors was uniformly positive, if not ecstatic.

*Excerpt from Part One
    Part One (Preamble and Overview)
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=594225
    Part Two ( Gear Reviews and Pix)
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=594237
    Part Three (100w Marshall Seminar)
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=594245

Demo Clips from Jack Pearson's Sat night performance on the VVT X Model here:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=595956

Much more to come as I find time (I only got up to Saturday afternoon- Still have the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday to cover, oh my!)
    So many amps, so little time......

10. swankmotee

swankmotee Member

I second everything Sarge said and just want to say how really impressed I was with all the Creation Audio guys and the extra helpers we had on security and load in!!!!! What a great, caring bunch of folks who helped with all the logistics and sign in duties!:dude It was because of all you guys and GIRL's that the show was such a smooth success and had such a professional and down home vibe! Heck, they even had Mike Wagner helping out up front!! Every exhibitor I spoke with was happy and having loads of fun and it was due to them not having to sweat the small stuff so hats off to all of you who made that possible! It was an honor for me to be involved and I look foward to next years festivities!

11. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

One of the best weekends of my life!!!

12. Brian Wallace

Brian Wallace Member

:agree

13. CreationAudioLa

CreationAudioLa Member

In case you missed picking one up at the show, The official Nashville Amp Expo t-shirts are now available online.

http://tinyurl.com/NAE-tshirts-2009

If you didn't see them at the show, they are a vintage looking black and white print on a stylish gray shirt:

[​IMG]

The Creation Audio Labs "Blow it out your amp" shirts from the show are also available here:

http://tinyurl.com/BIOYA-tshirts

[​IMG]

We had a blast with everyone and are looking forward to next year's Nashville Amp Expo...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  14. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

I need one of those bad boys;)