Nashvillish fingerstyle/Bogner XTC solo excerpt.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by duffyguitarman, Jan 29, 2006.

1. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

Here is another solo excerpt from a demo mix of the record I am producing for a singer/songwriter thats rootsy/blues rock,/rockin'/country so to speak.
    Kind of a Nashvilly fingerpickin' thang.

Fender Tele w/Duncan stacks through a Bogner XTC, Blue ch./low struc./boost on. Single 12" cube w/EV SRO.

http://www.duffyking.net/music-10.html

Peace,
    duffy

2. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Nice different take than the usual on the XTC. Very enjoyable to listen to. Thanks for sharing!

3. scottl

scottl Member

Damn you, you versatile bastard! ;)

Very cool stuff Duff..... Nice spank, albeit a tad compressed?? Or maybe it is my little work speakers...... Yeah, little teenie lousy speakers.... I'll have to crank it at home.

4. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

Thanks fella's.
    Scott, being a gun for hire in the studio or gigging as a living, I never want to have to turn down work. So, I have strived to be versatile. But not just for money, I really,really dig playing all the different genres.
    Yeah your probably right, too much compression. I was reading something about all the Nashville guys and their compressors being a big part of their sound, and went a little too much. Not at problem as it is outboard on the mix, easy to remedy. These are just demo mixes, so that will go down in the notes for things to change.

Peace,
    dk

5. Jayson Chance

Jayson Chance Member

Compressors are pretty much "standard equipment," here... That's for sure... LOL

But many of the more accomplished pickers use their compression for just a light "sqeeze," while slightly boosting the front end of the amp. "The" standard way that a lot of guys have set their Dynacomps for years has been with the level cranked way up (to like 3 o' clock) and the sensitivity down (like 9 o 'clock.)
    This is sort of what I do with my Keeley. I like to have the level set just at the point where it's even with the bypassed volume, but just a fraction louder. This is usually about 12:00 on a Keeley. Then I set the sustain at about 10-11:00 MAX.
    One of those things where I don't want to hear that the compressor is on, and only want to know it's on when I turn it off, if that makes sense. Meaning, I'm not into the squishy, pumping thing. Just the right amount to add a bit of color to the notes....

JC

6. Jayson Chance

Jayson Chance Member

Clips sound cool, by the way.... :)

JC