Native Instruments Abbey Road 60s Drummer

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Fatherflot, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Fatherflot

Fatherflot Supporting Member

I just purchased a BeatBuddy drum pedal and I'm interested in loading it with mostly 60s style beats. I just looked at the Native Instruments page for their Abbey Road 60s drummer package and it looks fantastic, however, I cannot find a complete listing of the grooves anywhere. The site claims 1,000 grooves in various 60s styles, but no list.

Has anyone used this package? Does anyone know where I can see a full listing of the grooves?

Finally, any advice on using the samples from this package on the Beatbuddy? Is remapping required?

Thanks!

2. emdub123

emdub123 Supporting Member

I don't know where you can get a listing of the grooves, but I'm not sure that it would be useful anyway because the descriptions are vague. You really have to listen to each groove and it's 10-12 variations to understand what it is. I use Abbey Road 60s more than any other drum samples for both the canned patterns and ones that I program myself. They work really well for my style. The 50s kit is also really useful. I don't use 80s or Modern Drums at all. Remapping is pretty easy if it's necessary, it will take you less than a minute to do.

3. Fatherflot

Fatherflot Supporting Member

Thanks. I'm hoping that the package would cover a lot of the types of songs I'm interested in, especially

Motown songs (like "Nowhere to Run" and "Hitch Hike")
    Stax songs (like "Wrap it Up" and "Lovey Dovey")
    Bo Diddley Beat songs (like "Who Do You Love")
    Surf songs (like "Pipeline" and "Walk Don't Run")
    Twist songs (like "peppermint Twist")
    Garage Rock songs (like "Kicks" "All Day and all of the night" "96 Tears" "pushin' too hard" "Psychotic Reaction")

Would you say that this package could provide pretty good coverage of that kind of stuff? Thanks!