1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

native instruments guitar rig

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by tiltrite, Jan 2, 2005.

1. tiltrite

tiltrite Member

I've been using it for recording in my Pro Tools setup. Definitely good enough for sketches and can be tweaked to sound great in a mix. Sounds better in a mix than on its own. Perfect for when I just want to get ideas down and don't want to hassle with mic'ing up an amp. A great tool for recording. Anyone else using it?

2. Unburst

Unburst Member

I've been using it a lot and I'm really getting to like it, super flexible and sounds great to my ears.

3. tiltrite

tiltrite Member

Only thing I'm not wild about is the foot controller. I don't use it at all, as I prefer my own DI. Are you using it? Maybe it's great for controlling parameters like wah etc..., but I haven't checked it out yet.

Perhaps they ought to sell two versions, one with and one without the foot controller. I figure I paid extra for something I might never use.

4. MickYoumans

MickYoumans Member

I have their programs that simulate a Yamaha DX7, Hammond B3 and Pro-53 Analog Synth that I use with Sonar. I don't have the guitar one that you mentioned though. If I want to record my guitar I have a Boss GT-6 that stays hooked up to my computer all the time for that. I do like the Native Instruments programs I do have and if the Guitar Rig program compares to them, I imagine it does a great job. :)

5. jnavas

jnavas Guest

I've tried it and was very impressed. I have Battery and love it. More than a few people I have met have built their DAW around being compatible with the NI stuff. Quite a different way to go about it than normal, but I can understand why they would want to do that.

I would really like to spend some time playing with a system like this:

http://www.carillondirect.com/clnwe...laptops.jsp?system=G_Rig_Performer&country=UK

6. fatang

fatang Member

It's a great app if you have the CPU to run it, I like it a lot as a ReAmp of sorts. Not a whole lot of patch trading going on yet but I'm sure that will change as time goes on. I know Ed D uses it as the "wet" when he's doing a lot of his tracks.

Robert

7. Unburst

Unburst Member

It's a useful tool if you fon't have a high impedance input and it gives you an external controller without using midi.
    I don't use it much when I'm recording but I would if I was using it live.