native instruments guitar rig

tiltrite

I've been using it for recording in my Pro Tools setup. Definitely good enough for sketches and can be tweaked to sound great in a mix. Sounds better in a mix than on its own. Perfect for when I just want to get ideas down and don't want to hassle with mic'ing up an amp. A great tool for recording. Anyone else using it?

Unburst

I've been using it a lot and I'm really getting to like it, super flexible and sounds great to my ears.

tiltrite

Only thing I'm not wild about is the foot controller. I don't use it at all, as I prefer my own DI. Are you using it? Maybe it's great for controlling parameters like wah etc..., but I haven't checked it out yet.

Perhaps they ought to sell two versions, one with and one without the foot controller. I figure I paid extra for something I might never use.

MickYoumans

I have their programs that simulate a Yamaha DX7, Hammond B3 and Pro-53 Analog Synth that I use with Sonar. I don't have the guitar one that you mentioned though. If I want to record my guitar I have a Boss GT-6 that stays hooked up to my computer all the time for that. I do like the Native Instruments programs I do have and if the Guitar Rig program compares to them, I imagine it does a great job. :)

fatang

It's a great app if you have the CPU to run it, I like it a lot as a ReAmp of sorts. Not a whole lot of patch trading going on yet but I'm sure that will change as time goes on. I know Ed D uses it as the "wet" when he's doing a lot of his tracks.

Robert

Unburst

Originally posted by tiltrite
Only thing I'm not wild about is the foot controller. I don't use it at all, as I prefer my own DI. Are you using it? Maybe it's great for controlling parameters like wah etc..., but I haven't checked it out yet.

Perhaps they ought to sell two versions, one with and one without the foot controller. I figure I paid extra for something I might never use.
It's a useful tool if you fon't have a high impedance input and it gives you an external controller without using midi.
I don't use it much when I'm recording but I would if I was using it live.

Trending Topics