Naylor amp where have you been my whole life?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by illini, Mar 23, 2015.

1. illini

illini Member

Oh that's right......sitting in my guitar room with the other amps since 1998. Why I have neglected such a fine tone machine for so many years I will have to answer for in the next life. Oh it has gotten its share of play, especially in the early years. But as often happens we start looking for the next thing to inspire us to play. Nothing wrong with that really, but I am thankful that my wife always talked me off the sale block with the Naylor. She has always particularly like this amp live.

Thanks to a thread on here a few days ago, I was inspired to plug back into the Naylor, and have been there ever since. I will be going on a short tour here again in a few weeks, and the Naylor will be coming along. Sorry girl for letting you sit so long.

Anyone have a similar story to share?

2. fandango01

fandango01 Member

I had a late 90's Electra-verb combo that was great but got gas and sold it ...big mistake.
    Well after seventeen years and ten amps from many different makers I am back with Naylor.

I ordered a new Naylor Duel 60 with the Hi-Drive Mod and got it a few weeks ago and could not be happier. I may add other amps in the future but the Naylor will not be going anywhere. I have to add that Dave King who owns Naylor was great to work with too.

3. shred for sale

shred for sale Member

David is a champion and great to work with. He's done a great job with the new amps and I can vouch for the fact that they really do sound exactly the same (because THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME).

I've got an old Duel 60 that is the best amp I've ever heard or played, live or in the studio. Its my desert island amp. Got a new one on the way as well, lots of great mods and tweaks available now. I'm thinking about opting for a 100 watter next, but if it ain't broke...

4. TonyBony

TonyBony Supporting Member

I had bought a Naylor SC38 15 or 16 years ago. I loved the amp, but sold it for some stupid reason and then proceeded to go through a slew of amps over the next several years until I bought another SC38 two years ago. I will never sell this one and I haven't really played through anything else since I got it. It is to me, the perfect amplifier.

5. nondeplume

nondeplume Puppet For Prophet Gold Supporting Member

Waiting patiently now for an SD 60, with a few options, for that email that says...I'm finished, it's on it's way, here is the tracking number.

6. Bigtone

Bigtone Member

Its the ONE boutique amp I still own, SC38 HEAD,

All the rest are old fenders and one old Marshall,

What a great overdrive tone, never any clank or buzz on the topend!

Bt

7. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

I've been looking for a used one to come up. If anyone gets any leads, let me know.

8. illini

illini Member

Yep, I am thankful that my wife likes the amp so much. She kept me from selling it a few times.

I would lug a 212 cab loaded with V30's for one guy I use to tour with. The sound guy would mic up the combo and the cab. To this day he says the combo of the Naylor and the V30's was some of the best tone he has had the pleasure to mix. Gotta love it when a sound guy says stuff like that. It makes you feel great that the sound man is digging what your gear sounds like in the house.

9. shred for sale

shred for sale Member

Its the only amp I've ever played that has a totally pleasant top end!

10. illini

illini Member

It doesn't matter what guitar you play, single notes never appear shrill, but rather bright with some body to the note.

11. fandango01

fandango01 Member

Agreed..my Naylor plays well with all of my guitars but I really love it with my Les Paul