NBA Draft: Best bets, risky picks, long shots and sure things

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Blue Light, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Blue Light

Blue Light Member

Do the four Duke players go 1-2-3-4? Is Okafor a smarter pick than Kentucky's Karl Anthony Towns? Where do guys like Wisconsin's Kaminsky fit in?

Since I didn't watch every game in the NCAAs I don't if there was a killer player whose team fell out early. Anybody see a potential Karl Malone in there? (He was drafted 13th.)

Okafor has the body and the presence and the readiness to smash into someone and dunk. So I guess he's worth the gamble because bigs like that don't come along too often. Still, during the Finals I was thinking he could really use another year of college ball.

Next question: Who's going to be a longtime star in the NBA? My vote: Tyus Jones.

Bonus question: Who do you absolutely avoid?

2. Route234

Route234 Member

I was really unimpressed with Okafor in the tournament. His play and his crap defense were huge red flags. People also dont seem to want to discuss how Duke played better and came back in the championship game while he was on the bench. I honestly dont like any of the Duke players as far as "longtime stars" go. I just dont see it personally.

3. dlguitar64

dlguitar64 Member

I think Winslow will be an absolute monster in the pros and Jah will be a 20/10 player for 12-15 years

4. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

Uhh . . . which 4 Duke players are you talking about? Okafir and Winslow were obvious one and dones, but I haven't seen whether Jones will declare or not, and I think he's too small anyways. No clue who your 4th is.

The NBA draft is such a crap shoot. The NBA is a veterans' league, period. The once in a decade talents start as rookies, but other than that even top picks languish in the d-league or on the bench for years.

5. bluwoodsman

bluwoodsman Member

Towns is a sure thing. Don't think anyone else in the final four was. Russell from Ohio State is ready now too.

6. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

Kaminsky is somewhat solid fundamentally. He'll be a strong 6 ppg/4 rpg guy off the bench for 8 - 10 years and make a healthy living.

7. Peppy

Peppy Member

Sam Dekker has a fair shot...and a fair shot. Stanley Johnson, who at this hour has not declared, should be a solid pro. Figuratively and literally.

8. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

The best NBA draftees in this draft will likely come from Kentucky, not
    Duke.

Sprinkle in a few foreign players, and some random underclassmen,
    the guy from Arkansas and those two LSU forwards, and there you
    have it.

I saw a really good guard play this year from Murray St. I noticed
    he just declared for the draft.

9. yamhenliu

yamhenliu Member

I honestly dont like any of the Duke players as far as "longtime stars" go. I just dont see it personally.[​IMG]

10. dumbell78

dumbell78 Member

Sydney by way of Muddy Water Land (Chicago)
    Winslow is who I think will be the gem of the bunch, kid has it all and should shine on the next level. He is my sneaky under the radar star, while everyone will talk about Okafur and Towns.

Also don't forget about that kid that went to play in China this year that was recruited by Larry Brown at SMU. Kid is probably the best PG in the draft, Mudiay is his name.