• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NBD ! Been a while since I had one of these

bard2dbone

Hey guys -

I have paid for something on ebay. Now I just have to wait until it arrives.

I'm getting a Sterling Ray34. Basically, I can't afford a real Sting Ray. So I got the 'most real of the Not-Real' ones.

Did that make sense?

Anyway. It's paid for. Now the waiting begins.

fretless

Silver Supporting Member
Those are extremely nice basses. Super legit, real Stingray tone. Congrats!

bard2dbone

Bleh! They tried to deliver it today, but left!

I'm a day sleeper. The UPS guy came to the door, managed to wake me up,, I threw on clothes and ran to the door...only to find him already gone.

So I managed to lose a few hours sleep, but got no bass for it.

I am NOT the happiest camper, right this second.

s2y

Bleh! They tried to deliver it today, but left!

I'm a day sleeper. The UPS guy came to the door, managed to wake me up,, I threw on clothes and ran to the door...only to find him already gone.

So I managed to lose a few hours sleep, but got no bass for it.

I am NOT the happiest camper, right this second.
I feel your pain. I'm finishing my vampire week.

feet

Gold Supporting Member
i considered one of these as well but i really wanted a neck pickup and hemmed and hawed over this and the mia version. ended up with neither, so i'd love to hear your thoughts.

and i've been on the graveyard shift for about a decade now, so i feel your pain.

bard2dbone

I couldn't get excited about the Sterlings that my local GC carried. They all had a REALLY skinny neck. Considering that my Fenders are all Jazz basses, the fact that the Sterlings were too skinny to tolerate really ought to say something. I really wanted that Sting Ray sound. And I can't justify spending what a US Sting Ray costs. So the Ray34 is kind of a godsend. It feels like the US version. It sounds like a real US version. And buying it used cost me a third or so what a new US model would have been. Win-Win.

msb

I have a Ray that's probably getting close to twenty years old now . Three band , big chunky neck , but a really comfortable big chunky neck . I don't use it much for gigs , but it's the bass I can leave beside the couch . Put a lot of time on it , it's one of the very few basses I keep fresh rounds on .

Trending Topics