NBD- Ibanez SR530

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by cantstoplt021, Mar 16, 2015.

1. cantstoplt021

cantstoplt021 Member

I've been looking to get a new bass for a while since the squire I currently have is around 11ish pounds (which KILLS my shoulder), full scale length (which kills my fretting hand) and is just uncomfortable all around for me to play. I checked out guitar center and they had a used G&L L-2500 Tribute for 450. I've heard good things about those basses, but for whatever reason it didn't gel with me. Maybe it was the 5 strings which I'm not used to.

Went to another store and there was a used Ibanez SR530 in white for 350 that I tried. I really digged it. Nice and light, with a shorter scale length. Easy to play, easy to slap even though I can't really slap to save my life (which says something about the bass). Went ahead and got it. Look forward to using it at band practice on Thursday. Anyone have any experience with this bass? They don't make it anymore for whatever reason, but it seems to be pretty nice.

2. kcducttaper

kcducttaper Member

Pics, or it didn't happen! :D

The SR series is really solid though. I love my SR755.

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Senior Member

I had an sr535 briefly - it looked and sounded great, but the neck was too unstable, so I returned it... I'd say that particular bass was the exception, though - I've probably owned well over a dozen sr Series basses, and they all were good players and well made...

- georgestrings