NBD. New Binson Day!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

This thing is beautiful.... i cannot wait to get home and try it out. Will try to get a quick clip and update it here. I'll get one night with it before leaving for Iceland for a week but when i get back i'll get some proper clips and maybe video.

I really stoked on the mods that were done on this adding so much more than what the original unit offers (mods listed below the picture). It's really a one of a kind... and it's all mine!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Sound City Echomaster 2. This is a re-badged solid state Binson Echorec 2 disc echo.
    It's just had an extensive service/rebuild/calibration, including a total internal rewire and enhanced modifications.
    It is in excellent condition - please see the detailed photos further down this description.
    Modified by our tech with a varispeed control and switchable twin record heads for longer delays/more patterns (further details below).
    This is a superb-sounding machine: the sweetest solid state Binson we've had - the board is populated with BC109 transistors as used in early seventies Fuzz Faces - it has a great character when pushed into saturation. The mods make it an extremely-versatile Binson. The previous owner used it very little, so the heads and disc are in great condition.

Position A: Added rec head - it's a stock Echorec 2 but with longer delay times;
    Position B: Original rec head - it's an Echorec 2;
    A + B: With both heads switched in, you open up a whole new palette of multi-head repeats. The machine will self-oscillate more readily with this setting.
    As a result of the modifications you have 36 delay patterns to chose from as opposed to a stock machine's 12. "

2. lestera34

lestera34 Supporting Member

Well that's the sort of thing awesome is made of. Congratulations on your purchase.

3. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

That's SWEET!!

It's the second one like this I've seen.....how much does one of the blasted things go for man??? (like their's, with the mods and whatnot)

4. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I don't know what a regular Binson goes for. This one was serviced, rebadged, had quite a bit of mods done and all new wires. It was pricey... about $2200 US dollars (bought it from the UK)... $1500 pounds there.

5. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

FUN FACT: The Sound City Echomaster 2 was the model used on Dark Side Of The Moon