NBD - Relayer Bass by Davis Guitars

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by TomRichards, Apr 14, 2015.

1. TomRichards

TomRichards Member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. M138

M138 100% Fenriz Approved

That is a badass bass you have there. Very cool. Congrats!!

Active EQ?

3. TomRichards

TomRichards Member

No, new, first of its kind passive circuit. Allows you to control mids too. Lots of technical stuff that currently is being patented, so can't really say a lot, but you can do things with this circuit that allows you to get active style eq in a passive signal.

Thanks for asking. I'm a passive guy, never have an extra battery when I need it.

4. rsm

rsm Member

I dig it!

Will there be options? I'd dig that in all black, fretless without fret lines (just side markers), 4-string.

I've been looking for a fretless... I also dig Steinberger guitars/basses. This would be a great option to consider for me.

5. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist Member

6. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Very cool design.

7. s2y

s2y Member

I like the Kubicki style headstock. I'd probably want a lower bout instead of the extension. I'd also want a 3 band with active/passive and mid frequency selector.

8. TomRichards

TomRichards Member

Colors at the moment are to order, however we are going to standardize color offerings as we build production. We use PPG finishes, so basically we can accomodate just about any color. Black, no biggie.

I've had other fretless requests, and we can do it, with the caveat that we would do it in the same manner as Phil and others with extended boards have done it, fretless to the nut/e fret, with the extended E string having the last two frets. That way we can still have the drop D system and fretless without new redsign. And anything fretless at the moment would not have fret lines.

9. TomRichards

TomRichards Member

The Relayer Design will remain with the removable leg rest. We have other designs that will be introduced that have lower bouts. The Firefox model is basically the same with slight differences in upper horn, body cut and comes with lower bout.

https://www.facebook.com/3397160427...0.1429294918./760435187356883/?type=3&theater

10. TomRichards

TomRichards Member

Also, we at the moment will not be offering active systems, as our proprietary passive circuit will do everything a 3 band active can do. You don't control it the same way, but you can get all those tones that come from boosting mids, especially.