NBD! (tomorrow; 2016 Ibanez SR1905E)

ColonelForbin

I've got a 2016 Ibanez bass arriving from AMS tomorrow! (SR1905E) It's a companion for my older Ibanez SR 505. I am psyched to hear these new pickups; Nordstrand™ "Big Single" 5.. I have gotten used to the Bartolini pickups on my SR505, so I am curious to see how these sound. I am doing my bass processing with Line6 Helix, and it's been sounding killer - the Ampeg SVT models are really, really awesome. totally pumped to do some recording and jamming with this baby!

Anyway, here's some 'stock' photos from Ibanez.com; sure looks like a beauty!

Cheers!

ColonelForbin

Yeah, it just arrived - beautiful! One note - Ibanez has followed the other major brands in that a $1,500 mid level instrument no longer includes a hard case; so I ordered one of those too. It's gotta have a hard case! I get they didn't want to inflate the cost just to include the case, it's just become a thing that now divides the high end from everything else! Even the new $2,000 PRS CE guitars only include a gig bag, so go figure..

Anyway, this bass is purty!! I was reading up and looking through the latest Sweetwater catalog; from what I can tell, this is the Indonesian slightly lower priced version of their nicer Japanese made Prestige line - looks very very similar to the Japanese made / Prestige SR5005. So, all in all, this is a pretty darn good option. Next to my old SR505 they are very similar body shape and style; I guess I like the mahogany on basses!

Looks like jam is on for Monday, so I can spend some alone time getting aquainted with her this Easter weekend, and we'll go get properly socialized and funky with the fellas on Monday after work! Here are some quick photos! I will get some better light going and do some pics more after lunch.. :)

Cheers! (Happy Friday!)

Last edited:

ur2funky

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a Big fan of the Big Singles and have them on many of my basses. I hope you enjoy the new bass! How much does she weigh?

Trending Topics