NBD

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by murph7489, Dec 13, 2017.

1. murph7489

murph7489 Member

[​IMG] Hello, its been awhile since I've posted on this page...But, I have a new bass..It's used a little, but it's new to me...and nice...Its a Carvin kiesel 5 string...just plays beautifully and sounds so good.. I love the J-bass / humbucker PU setup. It is also lightweight, and really I haven't found anything about this one that I don't like....

2. murph7489

murph7489 Member

One other thing, I doubt anyone has a bass like this one, if anyone has had one like this let me know your thoughts on them in general. seriously before I came across this one, I have never even considered Carvin as a bass really...anyway love this one....

3. royd

royd Member

No photo, no bass ;)

murph7489 likes this.
  4. murph7489

murph7489 Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  5. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I don't think you can link to a talkbass photo. That said, I was able to click through. Beautiful bass! Bolt-on neck? What is the body wood? No logos?

6. murph7489

murph7489 Member

I tried it again...don't know why its so difficult to post pics on here..lol I just don't know how to do it yet...guess I will have to read the thread on posting photos...but anyways I tried to link it this way...probably won't work...weird that I can see both photos..The skinny, Its a Carvin kiesel Bk5A not quite sure what the body wood, I think that it is Swamp Ash...Its got a coil split for the Humbucker in the bridge position, and it has a push pull knob which is the master volume that switches between Active and Passive..it does work without a battery..So if that should happen during a gig, I'm still good. There is no Logo on it because it was a Kit...the bass plays absolutely beautifully and sounds excellent...It was a lucky find for me...

7. murph7489

murph7489 Member

I think actually that the wood on that is Swamp ash..it is not real heavy..bolt on neck...