NBGD ‘65 L series Stratocaster

windjamma

Incredible find. Mint by the looks of it.

Congratulations. I have a birthday Marshall 50w smallbox 1986 also mint.

Happy birthday.

Sampler

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats! Looks like a really nice guitar! I’ve got a ‘65 L too...it’s a late one with September neck and Pickups dated late October by “Bonnie”. I’m guessing yours is earlier because it has a green guard. Happy NBGD, it’s really rare to find something like that 30 minutes from your house and check it out before you buy it, much less one that has your birthday on it.

suparsonic

Congrats! Looks like a really nice guitar! I’ve got a ‘65 L too...it’s a late one with September neck and Pickups dated late October by “Bonnie”. I’m guessing yours is earlier because it has a green guard. Happy NBGD, it’s really rare to find something like that 30 minutes from your house and check it out before you buy it, much less one that has your birthday on it.
I know the seller too! One thing I worked out is the neck date usually precedes the pickup date by a month. Yes it is earlier, bonus getting the green scratch plate.

nl128

Silver Supporting Member
What is the story with L series .....
I’ve heard that fender ordered the neck plates Starting with a “1” but the vendor misinterpreted the “1” as a “L”
So basically it’s a typo and they didn’t want to waste them so used the “L” plates for a year or so until they ran out.

there was a supposed typo in 1957 as well . Most ‘57 neck plates have a
- in front of the serial number.

Flogger59

And then there are the double stamped neckplate SNs. They got a shipment with duplicate numbers, so they flipped them over and restamped them.

Trending Topics