NCD - New Car Day!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by chikubi, Apr 8, 2019.

1. chikubi

chikubi Member

2019 WRX & really red! Lease on my '16 WRX was coming due in June, so was time to decide what I was going to do. After getting the quote to buy the '16, it made more sense to simply lease a 2019 for another term, so thats what I ended up doing. Took such good care of the old one that I got a fair bit over the appraised value, so that dropped the payments even further.

For the most part, it's more or less the same car with the same exact options as the last one, but overall it feels just a bit more refined. Better steering response, the ride is slightly more compliant and smooth yet still very solid and planted, the clutch is a bit lighter with an improved feel and a lot more linear, a far far better stereo, and heated mirrors. Only thing that sucks is now I have to go through the break-in period again, but I'll pound that out w/i the month. I do have to remind myself that it's not the old car though, and keep it under 4k rpm til I hit the end (1000 miles).

Good way to spend a Monday I'd say.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NicDo, ckfoxtrot, Don A and 15 others like this.
  2. TheWayfarer84

TheWayfarer84 Silver Supporting Member

Congrats!!! We just bought our first Subaru (Outback) today!

3. cratz2

cratz2 Member

Oh yeah!

I still prefer the looks of the older ones, circa 2002-2008 but if I were to get a brand new car for just my use, it would 100% be a WRX wagon.

I have to make due with a 2006 Outback XT which is sort of the turbo WRX powerplant in an Outback housing.

firebird1999us and chikubi like this.
  4. Lonnie00

Lonnie00 Member

Nice. I'd love to lease but my wife and I both put at least 30K a year on our cars.

5. Totally Bored

Totally Bored Member

Very nice. I hear those cars are real quick :aok

I’m trying to understand how the 16 is the old one. I’m still making payments on my 16 Mustang GT and I still think of it as a new car. :omg

6. BarneyFife

BarneyFife Member

I love the way the WRX feels on the road. Planted is the perfect descriptor.

7. Drew816

Drew816 Supporting Member

Nice, enjoy and be safe. Well, "mostly" safe anyway... ;)

8. scott58

scott58 Member

That's pretty!

9. dave s

dave s Member

Yep, she's a looker alright. Like the dark wheels. Enjoy that new ride.

Wife is considering a Cross-Trek when her Audi lease is up. Subaru makes really safe and reliable vehicles.

10. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Supporting Member

Congrats!
    I drove one a few years back, I was very impressed - great cars!

11. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    I almost bought one in 02 but ended up with a RSX-S. I've always liked the factory hot rodded Japanese cars. I wish my GTI had a hoodscoop :waiting

rawkguitarist and guitargeek6298 like this.
  12. pbmw

pbmw Member

WRX's are a hoot. I've got a friend that has an 08 with about 400hp.
    I had a 50th anniv R1 Yamaha back then. Rode with friends up FS25 to Mt St Helens. Heard someone coming up behind me and took a look. It was 7 WRX full on track cars out playing. Thought I'd up my pace a bit and they hung with us for a while. They caught up with us at the lookout at Windy Ridge. All of them were on slicks and were keeping up pretty well
    I've wanted (kinda) a WRX ever since.
    Fun cars, Congrats
    And I really like the RED!!

MRscratch likes this.
  13. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Congrats! I dig the heck out of WRX's.

I purchased a 2015 Lexus IS350 F Sport. I would choose the refinement it has over the WRX and it definitely has a stouter/quieter ride than a WRX. BUT, I wish I had saved the cash and simply bought a WRX. Gonna get my money's worth out of the Lexus and then my next car will almost certainly be a 2020 WRX. Or whatever model year they're going to retool it. They sure are keeping tight wraps on when the new model will come out...

14. Don A

Don A Silver Supporting Member

That's awesome! I just finished breaking in my 2019 Impreza 5-door. It was tough keeping it under 4000 rpm, especially with the manual transmission- I love the engine sound and feel! I wish they had an Impreza 5-door (and it wasn't about $10k more than I paid for my base model)!

My Impreza needs better wheels!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. chikubi

chikubi Member

To all the repliers, thank you for your replies. I wasn't able to check in on them until now, so didn't want to be a hit & run poster. The car's been fun and I'm settling into it pretty quickly.

I have to say that the WRX is probably one of the best cars for those who need to balance fun w/ practicality. You get a healthy dose of legitimate sportability, along with all the practicality of a 4dr sedan, and the AWD makes winter a snap unless you have to deal with ridiculous amounts of snow.

16. cutaway

cutaway Supporting Member

Red sportscar? State Trooper's dream come true. :)