NCD vBoutique guitar cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by joshofsorts, May 10, 2016.

1. joshofsorts

joshofsorts Member

I just got a custom "Vumble" 1x12 guitar cabinet from vBoutique this weekend to compliment my Tone King Sky King. I came across the company's website from some obsessive Googling while looking for the right cabinet to go with my amp. Turns out their "Vumble" cab is the same footprint and nearly the same internal volume as my amp's cabinet (if you take into consideration the space eaten up by the amp chassis). Finding a cabinet with the same footprint for stacking was not easy as there are not a lot of 1x12 or even 2x12 cabinets that are 12" deep! I contacted the owner Conrad about custom cosmetics (they have a few tolex/grillcloth options available, but not the ones I was looking for) & he said he could get whatever tolex etc I wanted or I could get them myself to save a few dollars. As I live about 45 min from their shop, I opted to buy the tolex, grill cloth & piping myself and drop them off. Conrad was great to work with & the cabinet looks great!

The "Vumble" 1x12 & 2x12 cabinets on the site are the same design as "D" style production cabs he made for Two-Rock (if you thought they looked familiar), and he has built cabs for others including Bogner (guessing that is where the v Euro 2x12, v Stack 4x12 designs come from), 65 Amps, Friedman, Two-Rock, Matchless, Quilter Labs & others. No affiliation, but just wanted to share after being impressed with Conrad's operation and getting a great service on a custom cab as I hadn't seen much on these boards about them previously. Their standard model offerings are not as diverse as Mojotone or Avatar & are all for 12" speakers (Conrad said he used to make 4x10 cabs but no one was buying them), but it seems like they can do custom builds as well (beyond custom aesthetics). They are also making pedalboards now that look great, so I may be going back for one of those...

I put a Jensen Blackbird in the cabinet & it sounds great so far. Looking forward to having some AlNiCo flavor to compliment the Sky King's Celestion Creamback M65. Going to put the cabinet through the paces tonight at band practice.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    voojo likes this.
  2. Dr.Picklebottom

Dr.Picklebottom Member

looks very vnice. let us know vhow it goes a band vpractice.

joshofsorts likes this.