• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Nd Hlp Wiring Dimarzio FastTrack T Brdg & Dano lipstick neck to Tele 3Way

guitarmv

Hiya

I've got a bitchin' Tokai Tele, a Dimarzio FastTrack Humbucker, and a Dano lipstick p'up that I am having trouble getting to work.

The FastTrack used to work, but I disconnected it. I followed the instructions on the DMZ site, but nada noise.

The 3 Way is set up a lot differently than the 5-way, and I am just learning how to do this.

He'p me get off on the good foot, somebody

guitarmv

I cant even find a description of the lipstick's wires, although I think I've found a relevant tele 3-way diagram

guitarmv

Ok, how's this:

FastTrack:
Black/White -> soldered together, taped
Red -> #1
Green/Bare -> Ground to pot

Lipstick:
Red/Bare -> Ground to pot
White -> #2

Yeah?

guitarmv

What am I, chopped livah?

So I figured it out so far, and also was able to troubleshoot the total lack of sound using a multimeter - this is a first for me. I found that there was a short and hunted it down to a soldering fatfinger situation. I am kinda proud of myself, as I am learning to be a guitar tech/repair pro.

So here is my current problem: Neck & Middle on the 3-way only produce the neck p'up, no mid transition. I have wired the guitar almost like the above, except:

Bridge + to the 2nd tab in, the one that is connected to about 4 nodes and then on to the volume pot (I think - I have sewn her back up and have been playing it).

The neck p'up is wired standard.

How about it, Jedi's? Leaving a brother hanging?

guitarmv

By the way, the Lipstick (neck) sounds INCREDIBLE. It is off a cheapo Dano from the late 90's. I can't wait to find the other one and try it bridge-style in a strat.

Trending Topics