Nd Hlp Wiring Dimarzio FastTrack T Brdg & Dano lipstick neck to Tele 3Way

guitarmv

Hiya

I've got a bitchin' Tokai Tele, a Dimarzio FastTrack Humbucker, and a Dano lipstick p'up that I am having trouble getting to work.

The FastTrack used to work, but I disconnected it. I followed the instructions on the DMZ site, but nada noise.

The 3 Way is set up a lot differently than the 5-way, and I am just learning how to do this.

He'p me get off on the good foot, somebody

guitarmv

I cant even find a description of the lipstick's wires, although I think I've found a relevant tele 3-way diagram

guitarmv

Ok, how's this:

FastTrack:
Black/White -> soldered together, taped
Red -> #1
Green/Bare -> Ground to pot

Lipstick:
Red/Bare -> Ground to pot
White -> #2

Yeah?

guitarmv

What am I, chopped livah?

So I figured it out so far, and also was able to troubleshoot the total lack of sound using a multimeter - this is a first for me. I found that there was a short and hunted it down to a soldering fatfinger situation. I am kinda proud of myself, as I am learning to be a guitar tech/repair pro.

So here is my current problem: Neck & Middle on the 3-way only produce the neck p'up, no mid transition. I have wired the guitar almost like the above, except:

Bridge + to the 2nd tab in, the one that is connected to about 4 nodes and then on to the volume pot (I think - I have sewn her back up and have been playing it).

The neck p'up is wired standard.

How about it, Jedi's? Leaving a brother hanging?

guitarmv

By the way, the Lipstick (neck) sounds INCREDIBLE. It is off a cheapo Dano from the late 90's. I can't wait to find the other one and try it bridge-style in a strat.

guitarmv

IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom