Nebula and amp sims

ColdFrixion

I hear a difference but, and this isn't to be a downer, nothing that most other EQ's can't do.

TimeSnow

I used nebula for mastering for a while, professionally, and it does sound different - especially filters - but it's a massive pain to use... Unless it's not any more. :)

Very amazing sounding stuff though.

Gabriel S

I hear a difference but, and this isn't to be a downer, nothing that most other EQ's can't do.
Thanks for share your toughts ...

The difference is the hamonic content at least to my ears and fingers... you can use another eq for this task but with nebula the final sound is a little different, better? i can't say its better at least i tend to enjoy nebula more .

And i've tried to do the same eq cuts with a nromal eq and the sound wasn't the same it sounded a little flat , nebula gives a little depth to the sound.

Another thing to point it out is the cabinet sound, i can't make a IR sound cool as a nebula cabinet.

But thanks for your time!

Gabriel S

I used nebula for mastering for a while, professionally, and it does sound different - especially filters - but it's a massive pain to use... Unless it's not any more. :)

Very amazing sounding stuff though.
Hey bro! Yep nebula sound different and it is a pita to get used to the worflow, i think that nebula have a mojo on its own and the end result tends to be better or at least more pleasing to the ears.

And again the cabinet i tend to enjoy more a nebula cabinet than a ir file.
You can hear that without the eq the sound a bit meh meh... but after the eq cut the sound gets a little better.

Thanks for stopping by

TimeSnow

Hey bro! Yep nebula sound different and it is a pita to get used to the worflow, i think that nebula have a mojo on its own and the end result tends to be better or at least more pleasing to the ears.

And again the cabinet i tend to enjoy more a nebula cabinet than a ir file.
You can hear that without the eq the sound a bit meh meh... but after the eq cut the sound gets a little better.

Thanks for stopping by
The high end in particular sounds great. I used to use it a lot to sweeten top end of whole mixes. Worked v v well.

ColdFrixion

Thanks for share your toughts ...

The difference is the hamonic content at least to my ears and fingers... you can use another eq for this task but with nebula the final sound is a little different
Can you hear a difference between these two?

Last edited:

kyolic

Anyone who is not deaf should hear the difference. What is Nebula actually doing in this clip?

ColdFrixion

The one you posted.
Okay. One of those clips is the OP's original sample with the EQ turned on, and the other is my attempt to replicate the sound of that EQ using a random EQ plugin from my collection. Can you tell which clip is which?

Trending Topics