Neck pickup to Match Chopper T

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by S.A.M., Nov 25, 2018.

1. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

Im looking for a neck pickup that will balance well with the Dimarzio Chopper T. Right now I have a Twisted Tele in the neck position but it doesn’t have the output to match the Chopper T. I’d like something with the chrome cover to keep the classic look.

2. Jimmy R

Jimmy R Member

DiMarzio Twang King. It works for Richie Kotzen.

Blue Lizard and MkIII Renegade like this.
  3. storm319

storm319 Member

If the Fender TT was too low for the OP, the Dimarzio TK is not likely to be much better. I personally found the Chopper T to considerably over-power the TK in the RK signature (also, I believe the TK was the only tele neck pickup available from Dimarzio when Fender created the RK signature in the 90's).

To the OP, unfortunately all of Dimarzio's traditional looking tele neck pickups are going to be noticeably under-powered compared to the Chopper T. Traditional looking, non-boutique alternatives that you may want consider would be the SD Hot Tele or Fender Texas Special.

4. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

My first thought was Twang King because Kotzen uses them. But when I did some research people say they are fairly similar to Twisted Tele.

5. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

I love the Chopper T and have a Lollar Imperial humbucker in the neck that matches it perfectly---but that doesn't help you much.

The Harmonic Design Tele neck pickups will keep up with ANYTHING. I hade a Vintage Plus and it was amazing---very loud and clear. He makes them with chrome or nickel covers as well. Everything Scott does is unique.