Neck set in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by mondodave, Apr 22, 2008.

1. mondodave

mondodave Member

Hey, folks --

I have a valuable thirties gibson L-00 that needs a neck reset. This is obviously a work intensive job that repair guys aren't running to do. Has anybody here had experience with someone in the LA area who's done a good job with their guitar?

Many thanks, david

2. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

3. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

You might try Erik at www.lushguitars.com

Not the least expensive, usually a waiting list...

He pretty much does it all and does tons of repairs for stars and touring musicians...

4. Rick Towne

Rick Towne P&W--Praise & Western--on 6, 8 and 12 strings. Silver Supporting Member

I've seen this level work on acoustics done by Norick and Brett at Renson Guitar in North Hollywood during my 13 years of patronage. 818.761.4766 Very reasonable prices, great attitude, no condescension. I get the same treatment as the pros.

5. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Hell Rick, you're a lefty - they're probably scared to death of you (GRIN).

David Eichelbaum is an extremely skilled acoustic builder - lives in Ojai, CA. He also does amazing repairs, but he tends only to work on old guitars, like yours, as he prefers building guitars to repairing them.

Here: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]david@eichelbaumguitars.com [/FONT]

Nice to hear you Rick, Dave, hope this helps, Dana O.

6. mondodave

mondodave Member

thanks for the tips, guys...

david

7. Robal

Robal Supporting Member

8. Rick Towne

Rick Towne P&W--Praise & Western--on 6, 8 and 12 strings. Silver Supporting Member

Actually, their micrometers can measure both sides of the fretboard and they have done work for Paul McCartney. The only person I have dealt with who won't do lefty guitars as a matter of policy is Bill Crook, who begged off being able to do a lefty setup on new guitar. That closed the paisley door for me.