• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Neck Straightening???

N

nihtingale

How safe is it for me to straighten the neck on my guitar? I've never done it myself, but I can see the neck is bowing and I have the tools... Is there anything I should keep in mind while doing it? Is there a right and wrong way of doing it?
Any help would be great!
Thanks

Rosewood

It depends on what kind of rod but make small turns first, like 1/4" to 1/2" turn at a time until you see the results. If the rod is extremely tight and hard to turn you might be better off taking it to someone who is experienced. Otherwise it's no big deal to adjust the neck, you can shoot for anything between .004" and .012" relief at the 8th fret or therebouts, whatever works for you.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Once you learn to do it you'll be amazed at the difference a neck adustment can make.

Trending Topics