• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Need 15 inch Speaker for a 61' Fender pro

thefishingline

Silver Supporting Member
I am looking for a 15 inch 50 watt 8 ohm speaker to swap out for my 61' fender pro. Anyone have any suggestions as to what brand I may be looking at? Any one have info or experience with different speakers. I am familiar with Weber, Cannibus Rex Patriot, Jen etc....looking to gig the amp without blowing the 61' speaker in there already. Any suggestions for this particular amp??

Cottage

When I had mine, I used a JBL D-130, and then an Electrovoice EVO. I liked the Electrovoice best, but it added weight to an already heavy brown pro.

Geetarpicker

I'd also check out Celestion's new 15" Fullback guitar speaker that is coming out soon. I'm probably going to try one in my '59 tweed Fender Pro....

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
JBL D130F hempcone. Find one and send it to A Brown Sound in San Rafael, CA. Expensive, but it makes EVERY amp sound killer!

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
I just removed the 150 watt Eminence Legend, from the '61 Pro I just purchased, in favor of a WGS G15A.

I ordered it after reading the ToneQuest report article. They had installed it in a blackface 1x15 Pro and gave the speaker a big "thumbs up".

fenderpro

I'd move this post to either the amps or the amp tech section...some folks don't check this forum as often...