Need a 1x12 cab... Suggestions?

Delayed Delay

Looking for an excellent 1x12 cab that sounds huge, packs a punch, and helps to really cut through in a live mix.

I've had a couple cabs in the past that made my amp sound "distant", for lack of a better word. So I want to retain the 3D cutting sound from both of my amps. I'll be using this cab with both a Bad Cat Cub II, and a Gabriel V18 Voxer; both kinda in the Voxy vein.

For reference, I love my StageCraft Blues Jack Studio 1x12, so I'm leaning towards getting another from them, but I also wanna see what's out there.

Go! :)

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
I'm partial to the Suhr ported 112. Just replaced the wgs vet 30 with a Celestion V30. IMO, it does everything the OP asks.

ifailedshapes

Silver Supporting Member
What about the Jackson Ampworks 1x12"? It might be stretching the budget, but the dual-ported design is genius.

illinimax

Platinum Supporting Member
Own 3 different 1x12 cabs by Swanson, Jenkins and Forte ... the Forte has the "biggest" sonic footprint.

Gemini2

I like the Mesa Boogie widebody 1X12 cab, C90 speaker. I went with the one with the slightly open back and like it. Plenty of low end and very balanced.

Last edited:

rummy

Silver Supporting Member
I had the Elite model built by Stagecraft for an EVM12L. I like it better than my Mesa Thiele.

Last edited:

Fishtale

This is my favorite cab to date. I have been through a lot of 1x12" cabs over the years but this on does it for me. It sounds huge!!

bgood

Silver Supporting Member
Got an Avatar cube 1x10 that's really nice - I use it with my super low watt setup in my rehearsal space (cab is mic'd, good monitor/PA support) and it's full, nice bass and it cuts.

Trending Topics