• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Need a cabinet..1x12...

jdandry

How are the Epiphone Valve Jr. extention cabs? If I bought one I'd probably change the speaker, but just as a cab, anyone use one live with a band? Thanks!

jdandry

I will probably change the speaker, I have some Celestions sitting around. I will be running either a Tweed Gibson amp or a 18w marshall set for cleans. I'm not really concerned about the speaker, just the best sounding cab, volume, tonal balance. Isn't the Blackheart a little bigger?

smoss469

I say go check out a local shop before buying. 1x12 cabs aren't expensive used. I just lucked into a nice Marshall 1x12 w/a Heritage Celestion Vintage 30 (according to the guys at Celestion) for $100 out the door.

It sounds great. If you buy the VJ cab you're already paying over $100, plus factor in a speaker and you're talking $200.

If you're dead set in getting a new cab and changing the speaker, check lopoline's cabs. I think their 1x12's are $130 in almost any tolex/grill combo you can think of.

eurotrashed

Lopo are going $150 on ebay, empty.

Both the blackheart and the VJr are built really solidly. Voidfree birch I believe. I think they are made at the same factory, basically the same cabs, I think

Wilbur

The VJ cab is an excellent cab. You might even find you like the Lady Luck. It is all plywood construction. It's tight too. 16 screws to hold the back on. I like the fact that it's vented in the back too. Makes it sound big for a little 1x12" cab.

smoss469

Lopo are going $150 on ebay, empty.

Both the blackheart and the VJr are built really solidly. Voidfree birch I believe. I think they are made at the same factory, basically the same cabs, I think
Unless the company either went out of business or drove their prices way up.. then people on ebay are overpaying out of ignorance. I checked their prices last week and they were still in the $130 range for a 1x12 in whatever color you wanted.

EDIT

Their site was down for maintenance but it's back. They raised their prices to $148. I'd still buy from them vs eBay. At least the price increase was small. Less than 10%.

Last edited:

candid_x

I saw an excellent Carr 1x12 cab here today, selling for $249, shipped and pp, with Kingpin 60 speaker. Would have grabbed that in a heartbeat if I needed a 1x12.

jdandry

I checked out the Lopo cabs but they are too square and small. The Blackheart and the VJ cabs are bigger, I find that small cabinets well, sound small. 15x17x11 for the Lopo vs. 20x21x11 on the Blackheart.

smoss469

There's a VJ Cab on the bay right now, $89.99 shipped. (speaker included) if that's the route you want to go. It probably won't go much higher thanks to the $39.99 shipping but if you could get it for $100 it'd be a nice buy.

Trending Topics