need a clean / reliable 2x12 combo that takes pedals well

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by soul1, Aug 10, 2008.

1. soul1

soul1 Member

hey guys,
    I'm looking for a 2x12 combo that has great clean channel and takes pedals well. It has to be fairly reliable as well. My budget is $1000 max. I dont care about a lead channel because I use OD pedals for that.

I used to own a Hot Rod Deville 2x12 but it was always in the shop with problems so I got rid of it.

the only one I can think of right now is a reissue Ampeg Reverberocket 2x12. It is discontinued so I will have to find one used.

any thoughts?

2. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

Where do you live? A silver face Pro Reverb would be good. As with all used items, the price will be a guessing game.

3. soul1

soul1 Member

i live in vancouver bc

a pro reverb would be nice, but i dont see them that often.

4. pen15

pen15 Member

used top hat super deluxe

5. plato67

plato67 Member

If you don't care about weight, get a early-mid 70's Traynor YGL III. There should be a couple in Vancouver. You can get them for 400$. Trade out the speakers and you're golden.

6. grizdeluxe

grizdeluxe Member

Kustom 72 Coupe. Great tremolo/vibrato,great headroom,and a master on both channels that works very well. I have the 36 and gig with it regularly playing country to hard rock.

7. Belmont

Belmont Member

howdy neighbor,I just got a pro reverb off ebay and it's saweet.there's one at the L&M on Terminal Ave for $1299.00.It's a clean 68' drip edge,there asking a lot but I think it's worth it.they also have a 73' twin for $999.00.

8. soul1

soul1 Member

thanks for the heads up,

is the '68 Pro a BF or Silverface? also, what is "drip edge"?

9. Belmont

Belmont Member

it's a silverface but it's the first or second year sf and I believe it's still a bf circuit.the drip edge is an aluminum border that surrounds the grill and only came on 68' models,it looks really cool and makes the amp a little more collectible.