Need a couple cheap pedals.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Laroosco!, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

I need an couple of effects to get me by for now.

I'm looking for an envelope filter, a flanger, and a delay.

I'm looking at the Danelectro delays, and the EH Dr Q filter. Not sure which flanger to look at.

I'm looking for cheap pedals. As long as the effect is passable I can use it. I just don't have a lot of extra cash right now and need these effects for the new band I'm working with.

Thanks.

2. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

Yo man...I recently went on a hunt for good cheap pedals. IW ould stay away from the new cheap stuff. I was able to find some good deals on used pedals on ebay...some of the DOD pedals are very underated...just bought a DODfx75c flanger on ebay for 24 bucks. Had a good rating on harmony central..not sure how good it is yet. But I bought a DOD ice box chorus and the thing is not bad.......also highly recomend the ARion SFl-1...same tone as the SCH-1 chorus but nto as sought after...

3. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

also for delays try and find a used digitech digidelay...very cool pedal....the rocktron stuff I have heard is pretty good too.:RoCkIn

4. jaymeister

jaymeister Supporting Member

Delay => Ibanez DE-7

5. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Delay I would recommend an Ibanez Em-5, or DL-5 The delay 5 is more clear sounding but as the notes decay is adds a very very slight decay of the sound like it is breaking up, kinda like my memory lane. Very musical. The em5 also has that decay but not so pronounced and it is warmer.

6. Elliott Damage

Elliott Damage Member

really good suggestion.

also if you want even cheaper get a Danelectro PB and J delay. Its shockingly good.

7. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

The Digitech Digidelay is a good pedal, I like mine. Be sure to check out the Guyatone Micro series also.

David

8. mustangman

mustangman Member

9. stevieray

stevieray Member

Buy an older Yamaha Magicstomp. It does everything you want and more in one pedal with great sonic quality for about $90. It's a total steal and will walk all over most of the other cheap pedals mentioned here.

10. drolling

drolling Member

Yeah, the Dano PB&J is a nice two speed delay- you can stomp back & forth between rockabilly slapback and that cool dotted 8th note trick by leaving the time knob @ 12:00. Pedal's obiviously designed w/real working musicians in mind, but it's construction's very flimsy. I'd feel safer w/a DigiTech DigiDelay - sturdy metal casing w/tap tempo & a passable "tape" mode for under a hundred clams.

The EH autofilters are great sounding, but very failure-prone. For my money the Ibanez 9 series RI's the bomb. A bit pricey, tho'. Saw a used one that I'm still kicking myself for not picking up. It was gone when I went back the next day.. I love my little Guyatone WR-2. Very expressive auto-wah that really responds to picking dynamics. Bad buffer, tho' - a real tone-sucker when bypassed. I use mine in a loop.

Can't recommend a flanger. haven't used one since about 1975.

11. Leftee

Leftee Guest

Rocktron Short Timer Delay is pretty cool. Sometimes you get a pop when switching it in, but it is a nice sounding delay. I picked up a nice used one for pretty cheap here on TGP.

12. sus4

sus4 Member

I'm in the same boat and was thinking to get a Boss GT-3 or GT-5 so I could do tap tempo. It was really ability to tap temp the trem that sold me, though.

13. MrMunky

MrMunky Member

I'm quite fond of the cheapie (20 dollar) behringer pedals. I have clips of a few of them at http://inrerocknroll.blogspot.com Unfortunately not the pedals that you listed, but they might give you an idea.

14. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

Agreed. If you need lots of effects on the cheap, the Magicstomp is more than adequate.

15. Dr Rico

Dr Rico Member

Cheap and decent:
    Guyatone Wah Rocker WR-2
    Boss HF2
    Digitech Digidelay

I no longer own a WR-2, but the others are used a bunch. Cheap, reliable, sound good. What's not to like?

16. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey Laroosco,

I have an early '80s Ibanez FL-9 flanger with original box and owners manual, if you're interested in it. E-mail me.

Guitar George

17. v-verb

v-verb Member

Check the new Danelectro Fab Series. They're astonishingly good and cheap - under $20US each. I have the Overdrive and the flanger. I've got the Metal and the slap delay on order as well - check em out www.danelectro.com