Need a good bottle slide

Migs

I have a big brass slide (not a fan) and a Rocky Mt ceramic slide (awesome). I am looking to get some genuine bottleneck blues on my new resonator. I am looking for suggestions - preferably something I can buy online. I have seen a bunch on ebay, but I appreciate and rely on your advice. Thanks, Migs.

BluesForDan

Supporting Member
my coricidin bottle (real deal, not reissue) has been the slide for me, for many years. If I ever lose it or break it, I'll have to find another.

Ransome

My 2 cents Ian at Diamond Slides makes the best slides on the planet. I have the Evolution and don't use anything else on my reso's, cigar boxes or my electrics. Pricey? Yes, but you get what you pay for.

BTW he uses lead crystal for his glass, it's like butter!!

Ran$ome

Bluzeboy

Gold Supporting Member
Maybe I'm the anomaly but I make my own. There's no trick to it. Find the right bottle (neck NOT curved, etc) Drink whatever is in it (there's the fun part) and take the bottle to a Jeweler with a rock saw. Two cuts, polish and you're done.

JohnSS

I also make my own. I score the bottle (the thicker the glass wall, the better the tone, in my experience) with a glass cutter. Boil it for 10 minutes then plunge it into ice chest and break by hand (wearing protective gloves). Get a clean break about 75% of the time, so best to do several at a sitting.

TB72

If you like Rocky Mountain's ceramics, why not give their glass Swamp Frogs a try? I've got a couple of them that I like a lot.

Later...

Trending Topics