Need a good source for shorter bridge saddle screws for Fender

clmazza

Gold Supporting Member
After setting up one of my recently acquired Fender USA Strats, the action is such that the bridge saddle screws protrude just enough to tear at my palm.

Does anyone have a good place for sourcing "shorter" bridge saddle screws? Thanks!

bsteff666

Silver Supporting Member
I've had the same problem.

I've never found shorter screws...but I have had luck grinding them down with a dremel to make them shorter.

LReese

Your auto parts store has a screw cutter - usually cheap. Careful work and smoothing the cut end would usually yield a good result.

If you want them pre-made, ebay.

XSSIVE

D'Avanzo Guitars
Gold Supporting Member
This will be of some help and lead to more questions since I don't know what thread Fender uses on those bridges off the top of my head to give you that info (hopefully someone else does) but, allparts has tons of different saddle height screws in various threads and lengths.....

https://www.allparts.com/bridge-saddle-height-screws

LReese

Its 4-40 on Strats if its a Fender saddle. Some 3 saddle Tele bridges are 6-32/

I've used 1/4" and 5/16" on one. My others are all stock length.

I've been wondering if its worth the effort, but a little polishing on the tops might alleviate most of the pain.

Hmmm expand on this.
Setting the neck angle properly will put the saddle adjustments into the proper range. The OP's neck is too low in the pocket, so he'll need to shim the front of the pocket. Conversely, if your saddles are too high, you would remove a shim or replace it with a thinner one.

djlynch

Silver Supporting Member
Setting the neck angle properly will put the saddle adjustments into the proper range. The OP's neck is too low in the pocket, so he'll need to shim the front of the pocket. Conversely, if your saddles are too high, you would remove a shim or replace it with a thinner one.
Thats what I thought. I have a beater strat with this issue. I'm gonna try messing with shims.

Trending Topics