Need a little advice (Mini Pedal Content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LeGar, Mar 19, 2015.

1. LeGar

LeGar Supporting Member

I have enough room on my pedalboard for a mini pedal and I would like to round out my collection, but I am having a hard time deciding what I am missing in my arsenal. I mostly play at my church and I am often required to play anything from straight ahead rock to more ambient textural stuff. I am rarely required to do anything in the blues or jazz realm. My signal chain is as follows.

Guitar is either a Fender Telecaster or Electromatic Pro Jet into a:
    PolyTune Mini (for tuning -obviously-)
    Red Llama (for more aggressive fuzzier textures)
    Green Rhino (for a smoother yet full overdrive)
    Cusack More Louder (to push everything over the top, and to buffer before the VPJR)
    EB VPJR 25k (not much explanation needed)
    Hardwire DL-8 (for my longer delays)
    Faux Tape Echo (for warmer delays)
    T-Rex Tonebug Reverb (for a little springy texture to make my reverb-less amp sound more lively)
    :All going into an Egnater Tweaker.

The two pedals at the forefront for me are currently the Mooer Yellow comp or the Mod Factory. I like the idea of the comp because at home I enjoy a little chicken picken' here and there, but I rarely do any of it live. I also like the idea of the Mod Factory because I feel a little modulation added to my chain would be a good idea, but I'm not sure what would work best for my situation. My only hesitation with the Mod Factory is that I'm afraid I will end up with a pedal that is a "Jack of all trades and master of none". What do you all think is there something that I'm over looking that would make an invaluable addition to my board (Remember it must me a mini pedal; that is all I have room for on my board). Thank you for bearing with my long post and thank you for any suggestions you may have.

2. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member

Mooer Yellow is great. No noise, does Diamond comp clone so very well. It's solid..

For other mini pedal if you're looking for modulation...check out the MythFX Triton

http://www.mythfx.com/triton.htm

Tremolo, Phaser and Chorus/Flange...in one mini pedal. VERY COOL pedal

3. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Get one of the new Lumpy Lemon Drop mini. Fantastic pedal and quality, it will definitely give you another jangly OD to full on 70's rock distortion tone to work with, very different from your current drives. And their only $115.

It's milder side.

It's not so mild side.

[​IMG]

4. strings4v

strings4v Member

An xotic SP comp is great as a compressor pedal but it also excels as a clean boost as well. Dial the blend all the way down, and you have a nice 2-in-one pedal. (comp and a clean boost)