• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Need a new chorus pedal

SFW

So for the past year I have been using the TC Corona chorus pedal. To make a long story short, I hate this pedal. It's either so subtle that you can't hear it, or it just flat out sounds bad. I have tried just about all of the tone prints, but noting sounds good to me. I'm looking for somthing to add a bit of shimmer and depth to clean tones. And when need be, do a quasi Billy Duffy on the dirty channel. I want to use it in the loop of my amp, so nothing that causes a huge volume bump.

Thanks for the suggestions!

TCMx3

So for the past year I have been using the TC Corona chorus pedal. To make a long story short, I hate this pedal. It's either so subtle that you can't hear it, or it just flat out sounds bad. I have tried just about all of the tone prints, but noting sounds good to me. I'm looking for somthing to add a bit of shimmer and depth to clean tones. And when need be, do a quasi Billy Duffy on the dirty channel. I want to use it in the loop of my amp, so nothing that causes a huge volume bump.

Thanks for the suggestions!
I too started with the Corona. It sounded 'ok'. I wanted a bright chorus; unfortunately the TC stereo chorus is mains powered and has awful bypass. I use the Analogman one now.

mrpinter

Silver Supporting Member
CMATMODS Analog Chorus for a CE-2 type of sound, or
EQD Sea Machine for lots of different sounds, including good classic chorus

Tootone

It sounds like you want a good chorus, but also the ability to mix the volume of wet and dry signals, the latter is a common problem, historically done post recording in the studio.

Regards chorus, I have a few, all sweet sounding:-
Boss CE2W (analog, lush, swirly, not mixable)
Boss CH1 (Digital, mixable, dry and crisp)
Strymon Mobius (convincing digital, many models, mixable)

But you mention Billy Duffy... so the sound in your head is a Flanger, or Flanger into Chorus. He has used Boss BF2 in the past... maybe still does.

If you don't get a mixable chorus, you may also want to get a mixable loop pedal.

2 newish mixable analogue choruses I am interested in are Walrus Julia and Suhr Alexa.

MrKite89

I'm a "traditionalist", but you can hardly go wrong with a "classic": Small Clone, CE-2, CS9, TC SCF...even a cheap DOD FX65, or an 80's Arion\Loco Box\Coron and things like that...
Alternatevely to a "true" chorus pedal, you could buy a pedal capable of chorus and other effects, for example a modulated delay, which may take you to ADT territory, if it's your thing: Deluxe Memory Man in the analog realm, Ibanez DML ("plain", 10 or 20) in the digital one...another "chorus-like" pedal is the Deluxe Electric Mistress, which is a flanger, but certain settings are absolutely "chorus-like": do you know when you hear that shimmering clean tone from Andy Summers\The Police? Exactly, it's not a chorus, it's an Electric Mistress!

mrwolf

Analogman chorus is amazing. I've had the BiChorus on my large board for over 10 yrs. I recently ordered the fully loaded mini chorus with blend knob and 3 voicing switch. Sweet and totally addictive. Once you hear a great analogue chorus you'll never want another digital pedal.
Analogue Mike is great to deal with.

I would have recommended the MXR Analog Chorus but it does not handle amp loops well. That being said, I would still recommend it and suggest putting it before the amplifier in your signal chain. It’s such an amazing chorus, very tweakable and can go from subtle to full on without disappointing anywhere in between.

Trending Topics