Need a new chorus pedal

On a Budget

I have a boss CE-3, yeah the "black sheep" of the boss chorus line, but it's great for what you are needing just a lil top end shimmer and no volume boost, I use it in my loop.
I use an Ibanez bc/cs9 in front of the stereo setup, it has even more of a shimmery/flangy sound but it does volume boost when placed in the loop, sounds better before the preamp

joeleric26

Silver Supporting Member
Another vote for the Analogman. Have had a full sized one, a Bi-Chorus, and now have a mini. Every one sounded great.

rsm

can't go wrong with Boss IMO. Some others worth a look:

Source Audio Gemini Chorus or Orbital Modulator.

TC Electronics Nova Modulator

Hotone Xtomp

HesNot

Silver Supporting Member
Add me to the CE2 camp... I still have and use my early 80s Boss CE2 and yet to hear another one that gets the same classic tone. Used ones are getting pricey and if buying new I’d get the CE2w to replace it.

There are some other cool modulation pedals - mobius etc.. but if you want the classic chorus sound it’s pretty much Boss. And I used it with a TS10 playing the Cult all day long in my Bands back in the 80s early 90s

nsnate02

A little different, but a Zoom MS-50g has just a bit of everything and sounds pottery good. For less than $100 you can try a bunch and maybe even find that itin itself is what works.

oildrops

I use a way huge echo puss set for chorus sounds. I didn't buy it for the modulation, but that's how it's always used, because I like it better than any stand-alone chorus pedal I've tried..

OotMagroot

If you want Billy Duffy, get a BOSS Flanger. I like the HF-2, BF-2, and BF-3. They all get good chorus sounds, IMO.

Until then, try the Dimension M toneprint on the Corona. Great for shimmery chorus sounds.

CEFlint

Keep an eye out for a used Arions SCH with the EWS mod. Typically go for $170-200, but be patient. I picked up one for $100 delivered.
Sounds great and, in addition to chorus, it is now also doing rotary duties on my larger board.

eyobeez

Another here for the CE-2 or CE-2w. The switch in the middle position on the CE-2w is my favorite chorus sound in the world. And the vibrato mode kicks a$$ for a metallic Leslie-aping sound. Sounds good in a loop and out.

possible cons: no mix knob (IMO who cares!), and maybe a perceived signal boost, but these things ain't a botherin me none.

Trending Topics