Need a new overdrive...Serious HELP!

guitarburger

I've been through the visual sound ts808s, the maxon od808, keeley ts808. I have always loved ts9s and ts808s.

I just got my ehx soul food in the mail. It's interesting, I'm missing some bottom guts, love the string separation. But if I could just put this pedal inside of a ts808....

I have a Morning Glory that will never leave me.

What overdrive do I go for next? HELP!

Class5

If you love Tube Screamers, try VFE's 'The Scream'. Great pedals at an affordable price. Other than that you seem to have tried most OD platforms (TS style; Klon; Bluesbreaker), so have you considered something along the fuzz line (EH's Germanium OD or Lumpy's Germanium Class A OD)?

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
It's been some years since I've owned one, but the Menatone Blue Collar is TS-ish with a bigger low end , a great "presence" control to curb the highest highs, & more gain. Great box.

jdel77

We need to know your amp and guitar rig.
It's like asking "What tyres do I need??" without mentioning what kind of vehicle you drive or how you use it.

NHBluesMan

if you like TS pedals check out the Garagetone Drivetrain- it ended my TS search and it's around $50 used.

Some of the ones on my 'want to try' list include the MojoHand Rook, Oddfellow Caveman, and T1M Punch Drive. YMMV

Jet Age Eric

I know I just posted this in the Vox thread, but SolidgoldFX Superdrive. Teeth, huge low-end, great definition. For less meat but even more string separation, try the Prince of Tone; turn tone control down to get the low-end back, then turn internal presence control up to adjust top end. -E

sstweed

Gold Supporting Member
It's been some years since I've owned one, but the Menatone Blue Collar is TS-ish with a bigger low end , a great "presence" control to curb the highest highs, & more gain. Great box.
This. And I'll add the red snapper too. The eq is flattened out a tad on the RS. Both pedals give you an awesome spectrum of OD that works well with a wide range of amps.

On a Budget

If you like TS type I really really like my Barber direct drive, mine had the internal bass and presence trim pots. I took very minor tweaking to set the internal pots. it still has the character of the tube screamer with the compression but you can tailor the low and high end to your liking.

guitarburger

This. And I'll add the red snapper too. The eq is flattened out a tad on the RS. Both pedals give you an awesome spectrum of OD that works well with a wide range of amps.
I've used a FD2 at 18v, and owned a KoT up till last year.

The only drive that I've heard in the last three years that INSPIRED was a menatone fish factory...particularly the red snapper.

Hmmm. What is the snapper modeled after?

Trending Topics