Need a power button cap for a Marhsall Valvestate

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by FrankieSixxxgun, Apr 21, 2019.

1. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

I've got this old 8040 I'm fixing up to give to my son. I got everything working, but the power button cap is gone so you gotta kinda push in there with a guitar pick or something to fire the amp up. It's pretty inconvenient. Anybody know the part # on Mouser or some place to pick one up in the US? The only thing I could find was Tube Amp Doctor, but they're in Germany. 26 Euros to ship a 4 euro part sucks. Thanks!

2. scott-colorado2016

scott-colorado2016 Member

According to Amplified Parts, it is a special order part, but they can get them. So, I would contact them, might be expensive, but should be cheaper than 30 euros!

FrankieSixxxgun likes this.
  3. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

Thanks man! Lemme give 'em a shot. Right now I just fashioned one out of some hard foam from an old road case.

[​IMG]

scott-colorado2016 likes this.
  4. scott-colorado2016

5. scott-colorado2016

One more... Do a search for "valvestate power switch" on eBay. There is one with the cap for around $24 shipped.

6. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Supporting Member

That general type of switch is not so rare but I can't say where you would find one. There are likely many types.
    If you open the amp you can see how it's configured and maybe get its manufacturer's name.