need a simple small mixer for the following setup

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by wsaraceni, Jan 15, 2008.

1. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Supporting Member

right now i have an mbox into a mac mini and a pair of dynaudio bm5as. i want to be able to run the two outputs of the mbox and the 1/8" out of the mac mini to a mixer that i can run a headphones off of (possibly via a headphone amp if needed) and the bm5a monitors. for the mic lines, i'll be running mics into possibly into a great river pre into the mbox (set as line in i suppose.) not needing a mixer in that area. im thinking that will give me the best flexibility of the equipment i have. what would you use? how important is the quality of a piece needed here. i dont want something cheap if it is going to color the sound bad, but not sure i need preamps in this situation.

2. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Supporting Member

forgot to add. if i had 2 sets of outputs that would be great as well. i dont mind if they are switchable or assignable, i want to be able to run to a poweramp out to louder PA speakers if need be too without recabling