Need a Soultone Forty-Five ME3 Video Clip

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mxr2000, Jan 10, 2008.

1. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

Hi there I was talking with a friend guitar player that love old school Marshall sound about Soultone Forty-Five ME3 and the technology of PS and how useful can be.. So he ask me if there was any video clip on You tube, but we couldn't find any. So i would like to know if any of the owner this amp could be kind do one to post one on you tube showing all the capabilities and good sounds ..

2. LesMarshall

LesMarshall Member

3. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

4. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

5. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

6. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

7. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

Yes i remember that great thread and have those clips too!!!:)

But what i look is a video that demo the futures and sounds of the ME3 45..:RoCkIn

8. Mickey_C

Mickey_C The Original Racketeer Gold Supporting Member

There is a clips section on our website, after the last big push, and there's one video there now, but it's not a demonstration showing how to use the amp; it's a 45 Combo used live.

I'm working on it.

9. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

Whew, that clip sounded good. That's the best I've heard yet from that amp (even though the playback was a little spotty on my connection). You need to have that guy record some more stuff.

10. Mickey_C

Thanks Ted!

I have more of Willie on MP3's, we recorded in my shop (it's a drum tracks CD he's playing with on the first one):

45 PS Demo - one track clean, the other scaled with some cascade.

Clean Demo with PRS neck pickup (SD antiquity), 45 combo with alnico golds, same amp used in the video you enjoyed. He rolled back the volume on the guitar for that sound, finger-style.

---> I know none of this is feature/option usage videos, as requested!

11. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

Clips sound real nice, Mickey. Btw, do you no longer offer the "pull bridge" feature? That was incredibly slick and useful. I hope that hasn't gone away. And what's the deal with the Super Plexi? Are these exact clones of the Bass and Lead circuits (plus PS and loop) or are they proprietary versions?

12. Mickey_C

Thanks Ted!

I guess I could put the bridge on as an option - but you can do that with a patch cord anyway, for a lot less money, and more flexibility. In all honesty, eliminating features like that drop the cost of the amp. I broke out every option on the web pages, so buyers can decide for themselves - and It's pretty fair, as they all represent more labor, and increased parts cost too. That way if somebody wants a Forty-Five now with just the Power Scaling and Loop, they can get it with a huge discount.

The 1986ps and 1987ps are just power scaled circuit clones, with true bypass effects loops, both based on popular MM PT/OT tranny sets. I still won't please the vintage circuit only fanatics though, as they are power scaled, and do have a PPIMV drive control.

The 2204ps is a different story. It has an improved Master Volume, replacing both of the PI grid leaks with a dual ganged pot, bootstrapped to the PI as well (the MV control sits atop the tail resistor). This results in a MV control that does not suck tone, and is an integral part of the PI. The phase inverter and power tubes are both scaled, so the system is auto-limiting. There's no need for a drive control! However, I've added a sag control, that does soft limiting of the supply current on transients, for great compression effects - it's more radical on the attack as you increase the control, and at zero it does no limiting at all.

This amp also has the tube effects loop from the forty-five, with true bypass.

The low input retains the plexi tone, and the high input adds an extra gain stage, like the JMP 2203 (the earlier JMP 2204 did not have this), but the balance between the two is a bit better.

It's a vastly improved JCM800 2204, with more JMP 2203 tone than the 50W JCM800 ever had, and I'm pretty dang excited about it.

13. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

Nice clips so far,can't wait to see some new clips that show the most important futures, I think that would increase sales too...:)

PD: Any news on the Super Squad 45?

14. Mickey_C

Yes: the bone pile is still growing.

I am remanufacturing the circuit boards now, to have all the wiring hookups be large enough to stake turret posts, and change from axial caps to radial box caps.

It's almost there; I'll build another when I get my boards in another week.