Need a Wiring diagram please. (6 way rotary for 3 P-90's)

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Mike M, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Mike M

Mike M Supporting Member

Does anyone have a diagram for this? Not looking to do anything other than the standard 6 positions. It will be with a 1 volume and 1 tone control.
    Thanks!

2. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

not knowing what you want the 6 positions to do, it's impossible for anyone to begin to suggest how you should wire it...

3. Mike M

Mike M Supporting Member

I want bridge, bridge and middle, middle, middle and neck, neck, and bridge and neck
    Thanks

4. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

ok....give me a few minutes to draw it up...

here ya go.

You'll need a 6 pos, 3-pole switch. Additionally, the use of a "make-before-break" switch will reduce popping sounds as you switch positions.

EDIT: Schem removed for lack of apparent interest

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  5. Clorenzo

Clorenzo Member

You can actually do it with 2 poles: in that diagram, connect the middle pu to lugs 3 and 4 on the leftmost pole and 5 on the rightmost one and you can drop the middle pole.
    +1. I used this one from Stewmac a long time ago and I'm pretty sure it was make-before-break, you could drop them a line to confirm (they're very helpful and responsive). If it isn't and you're cool with using a set-screw knob, this one from Mouser is for sure.

6. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

good catch...yes, a 2=pole will suffice...