• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Need advice building my rig: Will Tremolo work on a parrallel mix setup?

Sherwood

I've chosen to put my fx processor in parallel with my amp's effects loop. But i'm wondering what effect that routing will have on my tremolo effect?

I don't use radical square wave trem, just subtle tremolo effect with ver on clean and semi-clean.

Anyone using tremolo in a parallel effects loop?

Gone Fission

Silver Supporting Member
Subtle tremolo will just become more subtle in parallel. I've built a hard chop square wave trem pedal that had a depth control that mixed clean sound back in--sounded not unlike sine-wave trem when depth was set subtly.

sturge

Not sure what your effects unit has for fine tuning tremolo...I have a Nova System in my loop and experimented with square wave, sine wave, depth, etc. Dialed in what I liked and saved a preset that works great. Obviously the best way is to spend some time with your effects unit and adjust trem settings to see if you can get what you're looking for.

AnalogKid85

In a word: no ;)

I would recommend just getting a specialized tremolo pedal, like a Strymon Flint, and run it before the amp.

JMMP1

Silver Supporting Member
In a word: no ;)

I would recommend just getting a specialized tremolo pedal, like a Strymon Flint, and run it before the amp.
This is my plan. Except I will be building a Tremulus lune type pedal and putting it into a rack chassis with other pedal PCBs. I'm sure I would run tremolo in my eventide if I could, but that is being run in parallel, hence the pedal build plan.

Gone Fission

Silver Supporting Member
If you want line-level trem to run in a series without any digital conversion, look into gates and compressors with sidechain or key inputs that you can feed with a drum machine or metronome to triggee the chops. Easiest to get square waves this way. Not an entirely unique trick, but the only prominent use I can think of is Robin Guthrie on the later Cocteau Twins albums, Heaven or Las Vegas and Four Calendar Cafe.

Sherwood

I want to keep it simple but if it ain't going to work in parallel i'm considering to add a Suhr Jack Rabitt Tremolo becouse it has remote bypass switch capability and that can be integrated with my switching system. It'll sit in series with my fx-loop send right before the parallel mixer input. That way i think it's going to work for cleans and dirt and i'll still be able to have reverb after tremolo. I just didn't want to put more stuff on the chain..

Ian

Use the pedal trem before your mixer.

It will work better this way.....simpler too....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom