Need advice effects loop, midi controller.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jonghyun85, Mar 25, 2015.

1. jonghyun85

jonghyun85 Member

Greeting all, needless to say, I am fairly new to here hoping for some great guidance out of you guys.

I need guidance how to *minimize* the transporting & setup effort, have all my pedal near by amp (for instance, put all of my pedal in rack mount) and have some kind of switch pedal(like octa-switch) to have global control of my effects instead of having my cabled all over the place in live stage.

I was going through *ampless* phase, but decide to give up and go back to carry an amp.

Mesa rectoverb 25 seems reliable, fairly weighted (41 lbs). Not sure if there are better tube amplifier than this weight with price.

Equipment:

Idealistically,

- Guitar > Line 6 relay 500 > SP Compressor > JHS Morning Glory > BB Preamp > Mesaboogie Rectoverb 25 > (Effects Loop) Strymon Timeline > ADA GCS-3 DI Box > PA

But to minimize cables, I was thinking about putting signal chain like below.

- Guitar > Line 6 relay 500 > SP Compressor > JHS Morning Glory > BB Preamp > Strymon Timeline (Into guitar input) > Mesaboogie Rectoverb 25 > ADA GCS-3 DI Box > PA

That way I can have one line go to the amp and be done with it, however I am getting suggested that delay pedal should really go into effects loop.

If it does sounds better, what would be alternative solution to have all pedal with an amp and have single foot controller in live stage for remote control.

How would you store all the pedals with amp and what midi controller would you recommand for it?

Appreciates!

2. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

2-3 unit small rack,RJM mini effects gizmo and a small midi foot controller from Disaster Area Designs.

That would leave you with the Mesa footswitch and midi controller and two cables.

If you want midi control of the Mesa it gets more complicated quickly.. :)

3. jonghyun85

jonghyun85 Member

Appreciates blix!! =)