Need Advice for Second Guitar

ToTheAtom

Hi, all, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Due to space and budget restrictions, I'm a two guitar guy. I like to have two different versatile electrics to serve different purposes. I had been rocking a Fender USA Nitro Satin Strat and G&L ASAT Deluxe (Tribute), but have decided to sell both and upgrade to higher quality instruments that will hopefully be my babies for at least the next decade.

To replace the Strat, I just purchased a new Suhr Classic Pro HSS with alder body and maple fretboard. I'm pretty confident that it will fulfill of my single coil Strat needs plus a lot else.

However, I could use some advice on where to go for my second guitar to replace the G&L. Ideally, it would be able to play really heavy, thicker tones for modern rock type riffs, but still retain much of the cut and articulation of the Suhr/Strat and clean up nicely. It will also be my go to guitar for lower tunings when the need arises. I know it seems like I'm asking for too much. :)

Obviously, I'd love to get something really high end like an Anderson or James Tyler, but I think that's definitely out of my price range. If you had a budget of around $1000 ($1500 tops!), what would you be looking at to fit the need described?

I've read a lot of positive mentions of Carvins, Charvel, etc. I'm also really intrigued by the Reverend BC-1 (Billy Corgan signature). However, I have a completely open mind. Will be playing mostly at home on my Axe FX II XL+ through a pair of Neumann KH 120 monitors.

Please do offer any and all advice. Thanks!

ToTheAtom

Never really bonded with Les Pauls though for some reason. Would prefer something that feels a little more like a Strat (in terms of comfort) without actually being one. Any other suggestions?

Roxy

Gibson Les Paul, PRS, Yamaha SG/SBG. Or if you want something you know people won't have? A Korean or Japanese Zemaitis.

bricel24

Silver Supporting Member
Try a PRS. They are fairly comfortable and some models may suit your needs.

Trending Topics