Need Advice on a Power Source for pedal board!

speedtaco

Trying to simplify/organize my board. Can anyone recommend a power source for my pedal board that will handle all these inputs? One Spot, etc.? Here is what I will need for adapters:

Vox Wah-9 volt
Big Muff- Male 1/16" ?
Tube Screamer, Phase 90, Boss Tuner- Female plug

Any advice on a good one would be appreciated! Thanks

zebuloncamp

Those are all 9v so in my experience when a 1 spot works it works great. If you can try one out do it, and if its quiet there is your answer. $30. Some pedals just don't like them and need an isolated power supply. If not then return it and back to the drawing board.

Cerpin Taxt

Since you're here on TGP you might as well go ahead and get the Pedal Power Mondo to power all the pedals you will inevitably own 12 to 18 months from now.

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
The new 1 Spot CS-7 has 2 more outputs and universal power useage over the VL ISO-5 for about the same money. I own and use both, which share the same individually isolated outputs, rugged construction, and flawless reliability. Either one a great choice.

Cerpin Taxt

More seriously, I agree with others that suggested you try a One Spot or similar daisy chained power supply. I'm guessing it'll work well for the pedals you listed.

I use a both a BBE Supa Charger and a One Spot daisy chain on my board. Not all pedals care about isolated power supply.

Madsen

make a list of your pedals. add columns for voltage & mA. then go here & find one that fits the bill.
http://stinkfoot.se/archives/808

some people have grounding/noise issues with "non isolated"/Daisy Chain power supplies, others do not.
hard to predict with the wide variety of pedals & configurations out there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom