1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice- reverb not wokring in amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by squeally dan, Jan 12, 2008.

1. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

I got a balckface fender pro reverb via UPS yesterday. It sounds great but I can't get the reverb to work. It looks like all wires are plugged in. I don't use the footswitch but it doesn't seem to work with that engaged either. Is it a tube or what?

2. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Check the reverb pan. One of the little wires going fron the transducers(they look like tiny transformers inside the pan) to the jacks might have broken loose in shipping.Bob

3. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

Would it have anything to do with the reverb driver tube?

4. rockon1

rockon1 Member

It might. I was just thinking what may have gotten damaged in UPS shipping. The reverb pan is very suseptible. You can try another driver tube since its very easy to do also. Checkind the pan should be easy also. If the wire came loose you can re solder it easily too. Bob

5. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Hey Squeally -

Rockon1's giving good advice. Reverb tanks are more fragile than you'd think, and the wires they use inside are tiny and can break or become separated from the tiny transducers inside.

Could also be the tube, or the cables. Also, are you pretty sure the circuit is turned 'on' with the footswitch - I know you mentioned it above, but it's worth re-checking for thoroughness sake.

Good Luck, Dana O.

6. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

With the footswitch plugged in when I click on it it does something but the reverb doesn't come on.

7. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

Looks like all wires are where thy should be connected but still no reverb. I left it with my tech today who will undoubtedly prove me to be a big bone head by pointing out how simple the problem is.