• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Need Amp Recommendation ASAP

brockburst

This is for a friend. Space / Neighbors an issue, so take that into account.

What he wants. A good cheap tube amp. Boutique or otherwise.
What he likes - Big British Tone. I would love to throw him into a Marshall / Bogner / Mesa Head and a 2 x 12 cab with a THD hotplate and be done with it, pretty much out of the budget.

So the mission. High Quality tube amp. British Tones. Versatility (Orange Tiny Terror, good amp, not versatile). Cheaper Mesa/Marshall clone, in a space saving design...so maybe a combo. Have thought a Dr Z. Carmen Ghia used...trying to keep the whole thing under 1000 if possible.

boltino

Silver Supporting Member
Laney GH50L gives big british tone on a budget. It's a head though and is quite loud. But you could swing one plus a hot plate and cab for under $1000.

freaksho

for versatility (which i read as multi channel) AND high quality under a grand the options are pretty limited. assuming British flavor means Marshall-ish voicing i'd say look at the Peavey Classic 30 or Delta Blues. also used Rivera.

if British can mean Voxy and single channel then maybe an AC15CC or AC30CC.

edit:
may also want to try the Fender Supersonic.

Last edited:

brockburst

You read correctly. Peavey classic 30 looks great, same with their 2 x 12 valveking. He vetoed the vox as a first amp but solid recommendation, tx.

Trending Topics