need an OD similar to a danelectro daddy-o

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pickleweed, Feb 21, 2012.

1. pickleweed

pickleweed Member

so here's the dilemma - ive got a monte modded daddy-0 that i use to stack over my fuzz. basically, the chain in question is the daddy-0 into a SUF civil war. the daddy o sounds thin and rough on its own, not terribly useable, but over top of the SUF it makes magic. so far, so good, right? problem is, the daddy o colors the rest of my chain when its off. when the SUF is in the front of the chain, it sounds much better than it does after the daddy o. the but the stacking goes to **** if i put the fuzz first. ive also got an OCD, and it just doesnt mix like the daddy o does. is there a way to improve the bypass on the danelectric? or is there another pedal that is voiced similar that could work better? maybe even on its own?

2. Squigglefunk

Squigglefunk Senior Member

I beleive the daddy-o is a gov'nor clone if that helps...

3. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

I believe Squigglefunk is correct. If you're at all handy with a soldering iron, you can build the MGV kit from General Guitar Gadgets, and get a true bypass guv'nor clone for $60.

4. pickleweed

pickleweed Member