Need dirt cheap/good sounding pedal suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarded_1, Jun 30, 2008.

1. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 Supporting Member

So I might land a new band gig soon, and I will more than likely have the need for a delay pedal and some sort of phaser/vibe/swirly pedal. Problem is...money is really tight right now. I'm also really out of touch with the FX market these days. Are there any bottom feeder priced pedals that actually have good tone?

2. giggedy

giggedy Member

dano cool cat's

3. Franklin

Franklin Member

4. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

most of the little danelectro pedals, the arion stereo chorus, ibanez soundtank pedals (particularly the analog delay, tremolo and ts-5)... they all sound great.

5. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 Supporting Member

One more question...are there any affordable multi effects units that are worth looking into? I'm talking about something on the floor, like the Boss GT series. I could care less about amp models, but I would love to have access to several effects in a single unit that sounds good. Thanks!

6. giggedy

giggedy Member

boss gt is good, the guitarist for Phix used one for a long time, might still, but they don't tour anymore.

7. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

For delay and swirly effects at a rock bottom price and not caring about modeling, I'd suggest the Zoom G2. It sounds pretty darn good, has a ton of effects, a tuner, and you can bypass the amp models/preamp completely. Doesn't degrade your tone and it's built pretty sturdy. A metal box with a hard rubber bottom, real knobs and metal switches.

It's the only Zoom product I've ever liked and it's also the only multi-FX I've thought sounded good.

I've seen a few more praises for it around here, so I'm not the only one. I think the 96K sampling rate might have something to do with it.

[​IMG]