Need help! (Carbon Copy & EHX SMMH Content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tinkercity, Mar 6, 2008.

1. tinkercity

tinkercity Supporting Member

So here's the deal. I posted this in another thread but I thought it needed it's own platform. I just picked up a MXR carbon copy and a EHX SMMH to try and replace my DD-20. I love the carbon copy's tones much more than my DD-20's 600ms delay. I love the wacked out stuff on the SMMH. I do however need 651ms of delay time for a medium chunk of material. I'm stuck!

So my question is... Is there any way around this? Or am I never going to get that delay time? Or close to it? I understand that combining delay times doesn't give you any more time just more repeats within a time right?

I've obviously gotta spend a lot of time with the SMMH but am wondering if it's a lost cause for me. Anyone have any experience they could share? Any other delays that could get me more than 600ms?

2. tinkercity

Can anyone offer any advice on this? Especially users of all three pedal! :) Thanks!

3. tinkercity

4. jb1911

jb1911 Member

650.5ms won't do?

5. tinkercity

Interesting....It might be cool. How would I get 650.5ms? Doesn't the CC only do 600ms and the longest the SMMH gets is 300ms right?

6. DavidH

DavidH Member

The SMMH has 3 second and 1 second delays.Says so right on the front.You sure you have a SMMH?

7. DavidH

DavidH Member

Ah,is it a stereo memory man you have? (that's 300ms) and not a SMMH-stereo memory man with hazarai? That makes more sense,i couldn't figure out what the hell you were on about earlier,thought you were some kind of lunatic.lol.

8. tinkercity

Ok...I'm totally showing my greeness with delay time! Can someone please explain to me how many ms 1 and 3 seconds related to? Wow, I totally missed that one!:jo

9. DavidH

DavidH Member

1000ms = 1s ,

600ms is 0.6 seconds,

Are you saying you need 6.51 seconds of material looped (if so this thread is starting to make a whole lot more sense) then you can use the SMMH's looper to do that.

10. tinkercity

Thanks! No, actually I was looking for 651ms... I just didn't realize the SMMH had that capability! Stupid I know, happy to hear that. I've only had it for 3 days and need to play with it more...

11. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

Isn't it actually 1024ms = 1 second?