• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Need help choosing an inexpensive double cut humbucker guitar

markanini

I own a Malden Keyser, Made in Korea. I decided to look for a replacement. I dig how the RRS-like design comes of as and 50s design but It lacks in liveliness of tone. The Maple top appears to be a mere veneer. :BITCH

markanini

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the tones on the Revends, as well as the light weight. I stumbled over the Grestsch Electromatic Double Jet, chambered mahogany body sounds nice. Anybody played one of these? I wonder How the neck is...

Blingdogg

Ibanez Artist series. Either the old Artists, or current ones.

Also the ARX and ART series which are new, have models that are $350 and $450. All get good reviews.

Stringz

Hofner Colorama. You can get them with P90's or mini 'buckers. Don't expect the setup or the fit and finish to be perfect, though, as they are Chinese made. This is definitely one you want to buy in person, not through the mail or ebay, so you can pick out a good one (good being a relative term here).

Here's an example from ebay in my preferred cherry finish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000s-Colorama-HB-Hofner_W0QQitemZ120378920046

MartinPiana

Gold Supporting Member
I'd go for the Reverend Manta Ray - semi hollow in fact, but landing somewhere (different) between a 335 and LP in tone....

thesteve

You could also look into some of the Hamers higher end imports or lower end US or a good deal on a US
I was thinking Hamer as well. Depending on the budget, Hamer's old Korean-made guitars (the Sunburst and Stellar models are DCs) aren't bad choices either.

Mattbedrock

Gold Supporting Member
I've got a nice, clean Gretsch Doublejet for sale:

PM me if you want it.

I got one of the Epi Wilshire's from MF. Cool guitar for cheap.

Trending Topics