Need help finding a particular Fender Jazz Bass Series

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by TheNightMoose, Nov 8, 2018.

1. TheNightMoose

TheNightMoose Member

I'm putting together a bass rig, and am having a hard time finding a certain bass. I played with a guy a while back and he was using a Korean made Jazz Bass with 24 frets and active pickups. Price point was around $550. Anyone know what series this is? Thanks

2. MoPho

MoPho International Man of Leisure Silver Supporting Member

Mixed opinions here https://www.talkbass.com/threads/korean-made-fender-jazz-bass.292734/

TheNightMoose likes this.
  3. TheNightMoose

TheNightMoose Member

That’s it, thanks. Just found one used for $399, kinda worried about pulling the trigger, after reading all of that. I always liked the sound of one I played opposite of in a past project. I’m a guitar player who was asked to play bass on a project, so I’m trying to put together a good sounding, but inexpensive rig. Just got a Fender Rumble 200 yesterday, now on a quest for nice base at that 550 or so price range.

4. MoPho

I'd be looking at MIM or a great deal on a MIA. Check your local Craigslist and negotiate the hell out of the price. Those basses won't be on CL because they hold some mystical intrensic value. Buy local so you can put your hands on it before you part ways with your cash. Every guitar/bass is different and don't be afraid to walk. Buying used is where it's at. Good luck.

TheNightMoose likes this.
  5. MoPho

https://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/d/fender-jazz-24-bass/6728677200.html