• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Need help getting the cigarette smell from my amps tolex

Mr. Crow

I just picked up an old Fender Bassman 50 cabinet. It's obviously seen the inside of many a bar, since it stinks like an overstuffed ashtray.

I washed it down with soap and water, but it's still there. I've moved it to 3 different rooms in the house and everyone immediately starts to stink.

Any ideas for getting old cigarette smell out of an amplifier?

Thanks

I just made a thread about getting rid of smoke smell. Someone suggested putting a bowl of baking soda inside the cabinet and wrapping the whole thing up in a trashbag for a few days.

Mr. Crow

Thanks, I searched and found the thread. I should have done this first, but for some reason I didn't expect it to be a thread topic.

alivegy

setting it in front of any good negative ion air purifier for a while should take it out. A real one though, none of the sharper image crap.

spyeman

I had the same issue once. There is an aerasol product, comes in a small can the size of a toilet paper tube, that is a concentrated odor remover, meant for spraying in the air for removing smoke and other odors. I sprayed it on the tolex and other surfaces and boom - instantly removes the smoke odor. Just found the can - its called Odors Away - probably at any decent hardware store. Good luck.

Top Bottom