Need help - Godin A6 Live (NEW POD 2.0 QUESTION)

JPrzech

Just bought a Godin A6 Ultra - fantastic guitar! By far the most realistic acoustic sounds I've ever heard out of a 'hybrid.' My question is this:

I'll be doing a good amount of solo acoustic shows this summer, mainly due to my bass player and drummer both knocking up their significant others about 7-8 months ago. The Godin will do a great job with the acoustic stuff, but I'm planning on using my Loop Station as well so I can play leads over the top. Right now, I'm using a Line 6 Pod 2.0 to run the electric input into while the acoustic input runs directly into the board. Is there something better/smaller/easier to use than the Pod that will give me the same result? I like the POD but there are too many bells and whistles and I'll probably only use one setting. Seems like kind of a waste. If any of you can recommend something else, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, all.

EDIT: Before I can get my hands on an X3, I'm stuck with the 2.0 for now. I've found it's noisy as all get out when I plug it in to my mixer though, even through a DI. Can anyone help/give me some advice on how to fix this? Thanks again.

- Jeff

Last edited:

guitarnet70

Get a used X3, the acoustic are very good, imho, and you have dedicated acoustic preamps and channelstrips...+ more FX that you'll ever need...

guitarnet70

Sorry! Line 6 Pod X3, it is 2 generation after the Pod 2.0 that you have (and one older than the actual) and has dedicated Acoustic amp models and channelstrips emulations. Plus a TON of FX's. You can also run Mic and Guitar at the same time, having each his own routing.

bankeny

A little off subject... but to hear a Godin A6 played by very capable hands... check out Martin Sexton on YouTube or download some of his live shows off www.archive.org

One of my all time favorites!

IIRC... he runs direct into the board and adds reverb at the board. He also does this thing where he runs a mic through a volume pedal/tech 21 sans amp/reverb and he "sings" guitar solos with plenty of dirt added from the sans amp... This, along with his percussive playing style and beat-boxing makes his solo shows sound like he's playing with a full band.

You won't be disappointed! Check him out live if you ever get a chance.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
X3 Live would be an awesome way to use that guitar. You can use a POD HD 500, too, but the acoustic side, believe it or not, will work better with the X3Live.

JPrzech

Any particular Sexton songs I should check out? The only Sexton I'm really familiar with is Charlie, but I've heard great things about Martin.

burningyen

EDIT: Before I can get my hands on an X3, I'm stuck with the 2.0 for now. I've found it's noisy as all get out when I plug it in to my mixer though, even through a DI. Can anyone help/give me some advice on how to fix this? Thanks again.
I never had noise issues with my 2.0. Maybe because you're plugging into 2 different places you're creating a ground loop? Try putting your mixer and your 2.0 on the same power strip.

guitarnet70

I never had noise issues with my 2.0. Maybe because you're plugging into 2 different places you're creating a ground loop? Try putting your mixer and your 2.0 on the same power strip.
This!

The noisier Pod I had was the HD500 (before the last 2 updates), but the old bean, XT and X3 have always been dead quiet.... check also the gain levels on the mixer and the output mode on the POD...

Edit: If you use a 1/4 to XLR cable to connect to your mixer, make shure the Phantom Power is set to "off"

Trending Topics