Need help on vintage JEN Cry Babies!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nealyu, Jul 23, 2008.

1. nealyu

nealyu Member

Please post any info you know about this Cry Baby wah. Especially its collectibility, year it was made and price :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance! :BEER

2. kidcheesyriffs

kidcheesyriffs Member

Take the bottom plate off and get a shot of the guts. A look at the inductor and caps should help with providing an approximate date.

3. Flaser_Phanger

Flaser_Phanger Member

This one most likely has a red Fasel inductor and was made around the late seventies. My guess is this wah would go for about 100$-150$ on ebay if the pot is still ok. Nice sounding wah imo.

4. nealyu

nealyu Member

5. Flaser_Phanger

Flaser_Phanger Member

I had a Jen just like yours but it had a Fasel, this one must be slightly older I guess. The "metal can" inductor is propably slightly more rare than the Fasel.

6. kidcheesyriffs

kidcheesyriffs Member

The inductor is a film can / trash can type. Usually when you see that inductor, you see the tropical fish caps instead of the white rectangles, but maybe that is just with the Vox V846's of that era. Voxs with the trash can are usually pegged as being from 1969. I would think that this wah would be more desireable than an Italian crybaby with a fasel (since the can is earlier and rarer), so probably more than Flaser estimated for a red fasel, but not as much as if it were a Vox.

7. nealyu

nealyu Member

ohh. How much do you guys think it would sell? The wah is still in mint condition. Never used by the previous owner.

8. 4styx

4styx Member

I've seen a Cry Baby Super go for $300 on ebay.I think yours is older.

9. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

It is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. I wouldn't pay over $75 for it.With all the variations in components during the 70's it's a crap shot tone wise..Best case scenario is you play the wah, you like the wah, you make an offer that you are happy with..If you are a collector,give them $1000 for it ;) If you own the wah and are trying to sell it,paypal me some money and I will appraise it for you.Just kidding...

10. nealyu

nealyu Member

Anybody know the specific model of the wah?

11. kidcheesyriffs

kidcheesyriffs Member

model 310.001