need help to connect Mixer and Effects digital uP

How to connect Peavey FX16 to Lexicon MX400XL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mixer_effects

Need Help!! I just bought a Peavey Mixer FX16 chanel and a Lexicon MX400XL but there are not many examples in the manual books.

I need your help to show me step by step (a dummy guy with new equipment) how to connect these two together (through Aux send or something) to make a sound at least and utilize both internal mixer and outboard Lexicon effects work. Please help I can wait to know how to set up these gears to make some music for my Karaoke.

I have a Stereo amp. and 4 Bose 701 speakers.

Thanks a lot

run a cable out of an AUX into the input of the lexicon. Then set the lexicon 100% wet, and run two cables out of it into two channels on the desk. Pan those channels hard left and right and use the faders to lower/increase the amount of effect you hear.

mixer_effects

run a cable out of an AUX into the input of the lexicon. Then set the lexicon 100% wet, and run two cables out of it into two channels on the desk. Pan those channels hard left and right and use the faders to lower/increase the amount of effect you hear.
1. Can I use any AUX from the mixer (sine the desk has 6 AUX)?
2. How do I set the Lexicon to WET?
3. Run two cables out from Lexicon to two mono channels Line or two Stereo Line input since the mixer has 2 channels Stereo. I don't know when to use Mono input and when to use Stereo input line. Thank You

mixer_effects

Thanks alot to both BBrunskills and nrvana8775

one more question:

-Is AUX Send is AUX OUT? since in Peavey FX16 Mixer it has 6 AUX (from 1-6) and they name it AUX 1 OUT to Aux 6 OUT
-The mixer also has Left and Right 1.4" TRS called Effects 2 Return. I will try to connect to these Effects Return first and if it does not work I will choose solution is to connect to L/R of a stereo channel. Is that OK?

Last edited:

cubistguitar

Buy one or two of these
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Horizon-XLRTRS-Cable?sku=336971
Plug this from the aux send(s) to the inputs on the Lexicon. Use regular mic cable (xlr male to xlr female) to return those signals to a pair of channels or the stereo input channels are great for this as well.

If you have a mic in channel one, make sure the channel control for the aux you used is up to 0db, the control for the "auxillary masters" is up to 0db, bring the channel gain up until you see signal in the lexicon, you may have to adjust the lexicon up or down to keep it out of clip. Now bring up the return fx channel(s) and your ready to test and experiment. Test the mic and adjust the lexicon to taste, just remember to have the aux controls for the return channel(s) down to eliminate any feedback loop through the lexicon.

I hope that the soft knobs (you have 3 central knobs that change with each program selection ) includes a mix control for most effects. The "100% wet " would be with the mix set to all effect and no dry signal present. You can verify these settings by listening to just the effects return channel in your headphones, Just set it up as described and hit the "PFL" button in the effects return, if all you hear is the effect with no real mic, you have it set to blend the effects in with your signal by just operating the mic fader and fx return fader as needed to taste etc etc good luck!!!

mixer_effects

Hello cubistguitar,

Thank You for a detailed instruction. I start understand the overall picture and will be able to set up a good system for my Karaoke. Thanks again

Trending Topics